Same Size Pants

Options
vim_n_vigor
vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
So, I have lost 10 pounds, and my inches have changed dramatically, but I am in the same size pants!!! Only now the size doesn't have a giant W after it and can be purchased in with the 'normal' clothes!!!

Replies

• msech
    msech Posts: 32
    Options
    I have lost a little over 12lbs, 12.3 to be exact, but I am in still in the same size pants and they still fit the same way.
  • klacoille
    Options
    I used to work for Lane Bryant. An 18w is cut with more room than a regular 18. So technically you did go down a size. Congrats!!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i was just thinking the same thing. i've lost 11 pounds, several inches, but my pants seem to fit the same.

I did notice that my arms are slimmer and my shirts are fitting better over my buddha belly. hmmm?
  • ReedMyLips
    Options
    That is so great! Keep up the great work!! A few years ago I started eating really healthy and running I didn't lose much weight honestly, but I went from a size 18 to 12 / 14. You can't always measure success by the scale, but it sounds like you are shedding the pounds and the pants sizes! Congrats!!
    So, I have lost 10 pounds, and my inches have changed dramatically, but I am in the same size pants!!! Only now the size doesn't have a giant W after it and can be purchased in with the 'normal' clothes!!!
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    mesch and glittermouse - I've heard the first place you gain is the last place you lose - so for me, that's my hips/butt. I lost over 4" off my waist and was still in the same size pants b/c of that (I'd only lost 0.5" off my hips). I'm down 20 lbs and am just now able to go down a size in pants (although I've gone down 1, maybe 2 sizes in shirts! :D). So hang in there, you WILL lose!
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i was just thinking the same thing. i've lost 11 pounds, several inches, but my pants seem to fit the same.

I did notice that my arms are slimmer and my shirts are fitting better over my buddha belly. hmmm?

I was the same way! Through about 20lbs lost actually. I noticed my shirts fitting better and my feet were slimmer and my wedding rings were getting too big. Then my nurse mentioned my arms being smaller, while taking my blood pressure haha I lost about 25lbs before I actually felt I went down a size in pants. Now at a little over 30lbs it's closer to 2 sizes down.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Awesome on the no-more-W! :drinker:

I was in the same size jeans for MONTHS. But, to be fair, I should have been in 22s when I was squeezing (I have NO idea how) into 18s. So, they actually FIT (lol) for about a month, then I moved into 16s and now 15s. It's gonna be a good day when I hit 14s and an even BETTER day when I'm in 9s or, dare I say it? ...7s. :D
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of the opposite. As of today, I've lost 42lbs and gone from a size 22-24 pants to a very comfortable size 16!! =D
    BUT I only went from a 2-3XL shirt to a XL/XXL. So, I've lost 3-4 pants sizes, but only 1 shirt size.
    But I've got to say....I'll take the 1 shirt size loss happily, at least its a loss!!

Good luck to all of you on your journey!!
  • RamblingRo
    RamblingRo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Losing the big W at the end is a victory! Congratulations!!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 18lbs in the last 3 months and *think* I'm finally down a size. I was wondering what took so long!!!

My 16s are all big now but I can still wear them with a belt. But this past weekend I went to Kohls and Old Navy and purposely tried on 14's at Kohl's which fit. At Old Navy, 14's were loose so I got into a freakin' 12 skirt. It took a while but I think I'm there!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone else who is seeing the size change too. I can tell which clothes i thought fit that I probably should not have even come close to trying to wear.
  • VCesarano
    VCesarano Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OMG..I never post on this, this is my first time but I just had to say the pole dancing bunny made me laugh. I Love it.
  • healthy_skinny_witch
    Options
    Its really depends what you else do for loosing your lbs. I do kickboxing 2/week, and almost every day hiking, running for 10 mins, russian twist, push ups, core and yoga. When I start 3 month ago, I was 151lbs and size 8-10. or S for top, and M for bottom. Im not complaining my arms or so, but I have pretty fat belly and around and legs. So, first of all I lost 5 pounds. I was so happy! But then i notice, that weight come back again, still I'm eat helthy food, training and always under calories and carbs limit. After 3 month, today, I wear size 4 desses, and size 6-8 pants, I almost about size 2 dresses, but I again 150.3 pounds!
    My fat transformers into muscles, and they are more havier, then just this terrible fat. I have about 20 lbs extra bad fat at my belly and legs, so, I hope till next summer I will convert this into muscles and will make muscles smaller too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!