Pre JYM

Options
What pre workout do you guys use?? Just posting because I’ve struggled to find a well balanced pre workout that kept me going and didn’t make me crash but I’ve recently discovered Pre JYM. I can’t help but think there may be people out there like me that are searching for a better pre workout and from my experience this is the top of the line. Keeps me going the whole workout and my intensity is through the roof! If you haven’t given it a try you guys definitely should.

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Java... strong...
  • wmd1979
    wmd1979 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yeah, coffee if anything. Anything else is a waste of money IMO.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Most effective pre workouts are largely just a high dose of caffeine which may come with a crash. If anything, i would look for something with a 200-500mg dose of caffeine (2-5x greater than coffee) and should contain L-Citrulline (recovery). Legion is pretty well dosed.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • sam_juggins
    sam_juggins Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Regular coffee, nothing more. I gym first thing in the morning an all I have in me is the coffee. 40 minutes treadmill and I'm fine.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee so I normally will have half a caffeine pill. I buy them from MyProtein, I think it was about €10 for 100.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Coffee and whey protein about 30-45 minutes pre workout.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Nothing. And I'm at the gym between 4:00 and 4:30 a.m. five days a week.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Nothing for any gym workout, never felt the need.

For outdoor cycling just my normal meals / eating schedule but if I'm starting a 4hr + cycle ride early I will have a big bowl of cereal.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Address the nees why you think you need a supplement. Fix the root causes like poor sleep or diet.

Best of luck.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Most effective pre workouts are largely just a high dose of caffeine which may come with a crash. If anything, i would look for something with a 200-500mg dose of caffeine (2-5x greater than coffee) and should contain L-Citrulline (recovery). Legion is pretty well dosed.

Most medical authorities say max safe daily caffeine intake is 400mg.
  • MarissaRiv23
    MarissaRiv23 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I take Lit occasionally when I need an extra boost to get through my workout.