Stuck where I’m at

Options
calden1594
calden1594 Posts: 11 Member
edited October 2019 in Motivation and Support
I’ve lost 130 pounds I started at 287 I’m now 157 and I’m so nervous I’m gonna gain weight I do a lot of strength training 5 days a week with 15 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week if I do it 4 usually twice in one day twice 15 minutes at gym then an hour at Zumba
I feel stuck at 157-160
My weight will go up some days two pounds more at night and some days 5 pounds at night .... is it suppose to I’m getting frustrated with this I’ve come so far I don’t wanna gain my weight back .... getting married in 8 months
What can I do !! Help please

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    First of all, YOU GO with that amazing weight loss!👏

Have you lowered your calorie allotment during your loss, or made any other adjustments?
  • calden1594
    Options
    So I wasn’t eating enough some days I wasn’t getting 800-1,000 calories and eventually stopped seeing results I’ve slowly upped it! So I now eat 1500 calories roughly is that to much on days I workout I eat about 1600
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Yes, you have done a fantastic job!
    You will weigh more at night because you are weighing your body + whatever you have eaten and drank that your body hasn’t used yet. (Over-simplified, What’s in your stomach).
    You’re probably very close to goal, so weight loss may be very slow from now on.
    Or are you at maintenance?
    Just hang in there. You’ve done such a good job so far, you must be doing things right. Trust yourself.
  • calden1594
    Options
    Thanks !!!
    I’m just so scared I’m gonna put it back on!!! like how do I get past this plateau
  • calden1594
    Options
    Should I cut my calories back down ???
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    No, stay where you are for at least a few weeks. Let your body adjust to the current calorie intake.
  • calden1594
    Options
    I have been about here for a few weeks now
  • calden1594
    Options
    What do you mean diet break at maintence calories and yes I weigh myself 2-3 times a day
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    ease back. you will not gain the weight back without eating in a surplus and for some considerable period of time. i am currently loosing weight veerry slowly at the moment. i recommend staying away from the scales and trusting the process. i would also like to give you some encouraging information ...people who lose weight slower have been shown to have a better body fat composition (ie less), then those who lose it fast. also you are getting married to someone you love, who loves you now. who are you trying to impress for your wedding? just keep soldiering on
  • missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say awesome job the loss!
  • calden1594
    Options
    Like this morning I was 157 yesterday and This morning I’m 160.....
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Weight fluctuates normally for everyone so try not to over think it - weighing several times a day is pointless!! weigh in once at same time for most accurate reading, best done first thing before eating.
    Well done on a massive loss, if you're logging accurately you know you wont gain weight.
    A plateau can only be called as such when weight hasn't shifted in 6 weeks - when at a healthy weight water can mask progress so it can take longer to see progress on the scales.
  • katetown6145
    katetown6145 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe try changing up how your exercising i found that helps when I find I am starting to plateau!! The change is like a kick start to the system again! Also I only weigh myself fortnightly same day and same time! I think it’s helped me more mentally!!
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    Water weight fluctuations account for a lot, never forget that. I have been as low as 228 and as high as 235 in a span of about 5 hours plenty of times
  • calden1594
    Options
    Yeah but if you are up 5 pounds from
    This morning then tomorrow morning wake up and are still 4 pounds heavier sometimes it takes me a week on the scale to go back to 157