My first juicer...now what?

Hey all...

I was just given a juicer with no instructions...and to be honest I don't really know what to do with it!
Can I use the ingredients i'd use in a green smoothie in the juicer (and then I wouldn't have the bulk of the smoothie?)
Usually I just put spinach, blueberries, apple and a bit of almond milk in the smoothie?
Or...do any of you have any good recipes/resources? I do like the idea of adding this sort of thing into my diet to get more of the fruit/veggie nutrients!

Thanks!

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    I know that the sheer number of recipes you can find on Google alone is pretty staggering. And I'm sure some people will post some favorites in this thread. Bumping to keep an eye on the replies as I've been thinking of getting a juicer.
  • imdocsoc
    imdocsoc Posts: 1 Member
    It take a bit of thinking but the best decision of your life was to get that juicer. I like to use the KALE family of greens cause of the high calcium and detox properties as well as anti cancer properties. i.e Kale, All Greens (Mustard, Collard, Turnip), and I like to add on occasion a beet (Drop in boiling water for 30 seconds take skin off and enjoy the sweet juice), remember cucumber is high in sodium use lightly and don't juice the tomatoes it's better actually cooked. I always add 1 fruit, ie. Apple, Pear or the like... And I make it at night and drink through the day.

Enjoy!!!

-DocSoc
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Thanks, yes I googled and was overwhelmed lol
    I thought i'd check and see what other people liked and thought tasted good! :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Thanks, yes I googled and was overwhelmed lol
    I thought i'd check and see what other people liked and thought tasted good! :)

Totally. Sometimes it's nice to get tried and tested favorites with recipes. Speaking of which, might want to try the recipes subsection?
  • kirstenedonaldson
    kirstenedonaldson Posts: 1 Member
    Fantastic!

You will love it - I bought one 6 months ago and use it almost every day. The juice is so fresh & filling, I feel so much better.

Check out Jason Vale's website and recipes on http://www.juicemaster.com/

I started off with the "Lose 7lbs in 7 days" but found that I loved the smoothies so much I kept them up for fun :) My favourites are SuperJuice and Passion4Juice. There are loads of good veggie ones too.

Enjoy! :)
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Got this info from the reboot your life site which is the program used in the film "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead"
    How to Prepare a Juice

Select fruits or vegetables you’ll be using for your juice.
    Wash thoroughly.
    Line juicer’s pulp basket with plastic bag for easy clean-up.
    Cut or tear produce into pieces that will fit in juicer.
    Turn juicer on and Start Juicing!

If your juicer has more than one speed, don’t forget to down-shift from high to low for softer fruits. Most juicers come with a chart in the instruction manual to help guide you on speeds. Usually hard produce like apples or beets are on High, and soft ones like spinach or cabbage are set to Low.

recipes -
    http://jointhereboot.com/reboot-program/recipes/juice-recipes/
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Thanks you guys, really appreciate it!