We can do this!

Options
I lost 65 pounds last year. Started in August and by March 2011 I was 65 pounds lighter. Then started back-sliding and am now up 48 pounds in jujst 5 months! A friend introduced me to this website. I am hoping it will help me keep track of my calories and encourage me to excercise (which is how I lost the weight the first time). We can do this - but it takes work. Eating right and excercising. I want to feel good again. First step to a new beginning.

Replies

• kwinty37
    kwinty37 Posts: 66
    Options
    Good Luck! I am new also, but I already love MFP!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and best of luck to you on your journey!!!
  • autumnridge
    autumnridge Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good luck this time around! You can do this. We can all do this. It just takes hard work, commitment, and knowledge of nutrition and our own bodies!
  • fat_girl_b_gone
    Options
    Welcome back and enjoy your journey this time around.
  • texasmommadana
    texasmommadana Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Denise, I know just how you feel. I dropped 93 lbs, I was only 7 lbs from my goal, then medical issues escalated and 50 lbs found it's way back. I have been following since March 2003 and will continue to follow Weight Watchers. I am incorporating this program along with E-Mealz to assist me in my lifetime journey. I started a support group named, T.E.X.A.S., which stands for Taking Extra Xcess Away Successfully for a group of WWers. They call me superglue, as they say I hold this group together. I haven't felt that way the past 2 years. It seems if I don't do well, the group doesn't do well. So, for others, for me, for my family and for God, I am gonna get that 100 lbs off and KEEP it off....
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a little blunt here, but understand that this applies to me (and others) as well.

of course you can do this....you already have done this. this time, while you're losing the same weight you lost just 6 months ago, remind yourself of your motivations and goals and keep telling yourself that "this time its for good"...."this time I'm not going back"..."this time I'm not putting the weight on again"...."this time, I'm losing it and I'm keeping it off"

for me, I lost 50 pounds in 2005. I then became satisfied with myself, got lazy, and got fat again over the next few years (added back the 50 +7 more). as of last week, I'm down 50 again. I still have another 20ish to go and I'm not going to through this again. I remind myself of how much better I feel, and how lethargic I was.
  • LuckieSC
    LuckieSC Posts: 31
    Options
    Yes you are correct we all can do this and welcome to MFP; I am also new and if you like add me as a friend and we can motivate each other.