Not getting exhausted

Options
Do I need to be completely fatigued after a workout to be successful? I‘m lifting as heavy as I can and I‘m fatigued of course but it doesn’t last very long. Usually by the end of the day I‘m fine.

Any tips? Am I worrying about nothing?

Replies

• Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    There are different types of fatigue, for example feeling tired/exhausted vs muscle fatigue, but neither are necessarily a sign of a good (or bad) workout.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    Don’t worry just train. No need to go balls to the wall
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    jack1336 wrote: »
    Do I need to be completely fatigued after a workout to be successful? I‘m lifting as heavy as I can and I‘m fatigued of course but it doesn’t last very long. Usually by the end of the day I‘m fine.

Any tips? Am I worrying about nothing?

Are you doing a proper program, or doing your own thing?

If for instance you are lifting as heavy as you can only giving yourself 30 sec rests between sets - then that more a strain on the cardio system too and muscles are limited for engagement by brief recovery.
    Or if supersetting and just beginning a lifting routine because you heard about.

There are several reasons why your muscles may not feel tired that has nothing to do with actually fully engaging them such they are being encouraged to get stronger and grow.

But by end of day should be feeling better already. May even be feeling sore by then if the lifting is meant to stress the muscles.
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    Train, and track your lifts...apply the principles of progressive overload. Follow your program. Tired or not, it will work.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You’re very fortunate!!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    jack1336 wrote: »
    Do I need to be completely fatigued after a workout to be successful?

Nope. There are very few workouts that leave me completely fatigued and wiped out for the rest of the day; usually when that happens there's an underlying issue regarding my sleep/recovery/etc.