Which weighing scales do you all find works well for you? Digital or mechanical

Options
Hi all.

I’ve had a pair of Fitbit Aria weighing scales for a while now. Have to say they have been ok but do every now and then irritate me calibrating etc.

Which ones do you guys all have?

David (aged 43 6ft tall now 245lbs recently lost 20lb in past 5 weeks - London)

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I use a digital scale that was on sale at the time I bought it. Not fantastic. I got into the habit of calibrating it every morning, and I still don't trust it 100% ... but it's the tend that matters, not the number any particular day.
  • 2323FatBoy
    2323FatBoy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use a digital scale that was on sale at the time I bought it. Not fantastic. I got into the habit of calibrating it every morning, and I still don't trust it 100% ... but it's the tend that matters, not the number any particular day.

Yeah I am exactly the same mindset. Trend is important thing
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I use a Tanita digital scale. Nothing fancy, but it's accurate.
  • 2323FatBoy
    2323FatBoy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    I use a Tanita digital scale. Nothing fancy, but it's accurate.

Yeah im also on digital scales but the don’t give me tons of conference
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    2323FatBoy wrote: »
    Yeah im also on digital scales but the don’t give me tons of conference

I'm confident mine are accurate because I've checked them against a certified-for-trade scale at a shop my friend owns. The BIA crap that is included in them though, that's a completely different story.

• Mandy72CM
    Mandy72CM Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use digital that also monitors body fat it
    may not be totally accurate but the times when I never lost a lot of weight the body fat still went down. That keeps me sane!
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use digital. They are easier for me to read.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Basic digital scales from John Lewis - I checked them against calibrated ones in a sports science lab and they were accurate. x4 as expensive ones were out by (a consistent) 2lbs.

I don't need or want any extras apart from knowing my weight, mirror gives me a good enough idea of body composition and I only track my weight trend casually so don't need any connectivity.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap one from Argos. I calibrate it every morning with a different weight then zero it and weigh myself. Otherwise, it just remembers my weight from the day before and will show that. With this method, I think it is quite accurate and I am getting a good trend downwards each day that I am happy with.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    RovP6 wrote: »
    It really doesn't matter what type you use as long as you always use the same ones.

So true. They are just simply a tool to show that you are losing and doing it right. Every scale will show a slightly different weight so best to stick with one scale.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Tanita digital. Utterly, insanely accurate. Doesn't connect to WIFI or do or tell me anything but my weight, which is how I prefer it.
  • stv1520
    stv1520 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have a Taylor model # 7506. Consumer Reports rated it a 95 and an "Excellent" on accuracy. So far so good.
  • Cat_A_89
    Cat_A_89 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use a weight watchers bmi body scale. Dont use the bmi function but overall its pretty accurate. I use my 15 pound dumbell to check the accuracy when I feel it might be off but its always 99% accurate most its off was 2 ounces. Have had the scale for 6 years
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    For weighing me: cheapish (£20 or thereabouts) digital scale from Argos. Another vote here for trend rather than actual number.
    For weighing food, I’m a bit of a traditionalist so use a balance scale with weights. It’s not as accurate as a digital because the finest division is 5g (smallest weight) but it works for me. 13kg down and maintained for over a year.