No Microwave - No Frig - Vacation Food???

Options
Ali_TSO
Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
Going on vacation this Friday-Mon... The hotel we're staying at has no microwave, no frig, and we won't be in the hotel room much anyway. We've decided that we would take PNB sandwiches for breakfast...whole wheat bread and natural chunky peanut butter.

But what about snacks? (Lunch and dinner will be bought "out"...) ANY SUGGESTIONS? :)

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Fruit is a good option, as are crackers, baby bell/laughing cow cheeses (the ones that don't need refrigeration). You can look into parmalat/ultra-pasteurized milk or many soymilks that don't need refrigeration. Then you open up the option of having cereal/muesli for breakfast. If you're on vacation, I'll assume you're going to dine out every now and then for dinner. HTH
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Restaurant!
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nuts, fiber bars, individual fruit cups, sugar free pudding cups, triscuits, apples, bananas, rice cakes
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Fruit, nuts, dry cereal, snack bars, beef jerky, pre-pop some microwave popcorn and put it in ziploc bags...
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Can you bring a cooler with you? Refill with ice from the hotel and you can bring your favorite snacks that normally would require chilling.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I have a little travel cooler - I use it almost constantly. Put your water, snacks .. whatever in that & take it with you - I even take mine on day trips, to the pool - everywhere
  • sandynx820
    sandynx820 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Check out Dotti'sweight loss zone (just google it) and then click on restaurants. It will list all the restaurants, fast foods, etc. and when you click on them it gives you the nutritional values of most of their foods. This is a free site, and when I am going out to eat I visit this site and jot down several things from the menu I might like to choose and compare the stats to help me make good choices. If you wont have your computer with you, you could always pick out a few of the popular chains ahead of time and make choices then!
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal can be made with the in-room coffee machine or even (not wonderful, but effective) hot tap water. I travel with a bag of raw almonds, a stash of clif bars and a packet of instant protein shake to stave off any urge to do room service, ever.