KettleWorx _ Anyone tried it??

Options
I've read mixed reviews about KettleWorx so I wanted to hear from someone who can tell me first hand what they like/dislike about it.

Replies

• franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    I've been wanting to buy it but just like you I've heard so many different things not sure now.
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Definitely intrigued to hear more. My brother started doing this and he enjoys it. He says it gives his the strength training and cardio in one.
  • Crang81
    Crang81 Posts: 14
    Options
    I haven't heard of the video but I do a workout at my gym that they call kettleworks (with the K not the X :laugh: must be my gyms way of not abusing copyrights) Anyway, I love it. It's an hour long class the swinging motion of the weights really works cardio and strength at the same time!
  • cwesse
    cwesse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have it and love it.
    The video quality is not that great and by that I mean there are many different moves and instead of the instructor doing an entire workout they are pieced together. The warmup and cooldown for every workout is the same.
    However, the overall workout is fantastic. I am about half way through the 6 week program and noticed a big difference in my strength. Especially my abs and arms. They get your heart rate going and are challenging.
    Turn the volume on the TV down and your favorite tunes up and the half hour will fly by.
  • hockeyd11
    hockeyd11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would love to try it also. I had a lot of success with Jillian Michaels version that I only did for a couple weeks-my love handles were gone probably within a week! So kettlebells seem like they are very effective.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I've done JM shred it with weights, and I love the kettlebel, it's a different type of intensity, and seriously works.

I've heard of kettleoworx but never tried it
  • Trutty27
    Options
    I've just started kettleworx video on Sunday. I used to take a class with a trainer where she teaches you the techniques. It's a bit pricey not to mention and about 40 minutes from my house. So I saw the infomercial and purchased it. I plan on alternating it with the gym. It was a great work out in the 30 minutes that I did. I noticed I felt the same way after a hard work out at the gym.My confusion comes in with the calorie burn in my research I found it can be 20 calories a minute, or equivalent to running 10 minutes at 6mph. Just would like to have more of an idea. Ultimately I like the talk, the excercise is great incorporating weights along with cardio. It says that you wont be bulky just lean. :smile:
  • bethygirl39
    bethygirl39 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are you still doing Kettleworx? I have it and I like it but I also go to the gym, so I haven't made it through the program.
  • mamacita99
    mamacita99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Starting it today - have been doing the 10 min workouts for a week to prepare. Love the burn....anyone starting or want to start and stay on track together???
  • bethygirl39
    bethygirl39 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I do kettleworx monday core, wed. cardio and friday - resistance. We really enjoy it ....we are on week 2
    Beth
  • snowchj
    snowchj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not speaking from experience here but...

Traditional Russian kettlebell training is among the most complex and technique-dependent methods in existence, but in recent years they have been popularized by the CrossFit movement. I would not recommend kettlebell training without the aid of a trained expert, otherwise you risk serious injury (especially for those with weak cores, backs, or shoulders).

Kettlebell training from any DVD seems like a really bad idea. In the fitness community, Jillian Michaels' kettlebell DVD is regarded as an especially incompetent and dangerous treatment of the subject.
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    what size kettle ball do you guys start with or use mostly?