Fenix 6 Garmin

Options
Anyone have one? I have the 5 and love it. Any differences, improvements?

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    @OldAssDude
    @NorthCascades

I'm fairly sure both of them have some version of the 6.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I bought a 6X a couple weeks ago and am very happy with it. I previously had a 5X. But I have tendinitis in my feet and ankles, so my use has been limited.

The battery is a drastic improvement. I did a 26 hour hike with my 5X and an external battery, and was not able to keep the watch going the entire time, it's as if managing suck a large activity accelerated the battery drain. This will be a godsend when I heal.

The user interface is definitely improved, it's noticably more refined. Both in activity mode and watch mode. The new widget system is excellent, the timers are better, etc. I have the largest screen, very happy for the added pixels, and having more than 4 fields on a page is actually very useable. For context, I loved my F3 and F5X, so this is high praise.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon North Cascades. Thanks for the info.
  • GregInORL
    GregInORL Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just got the 6X as an upgrade to the 5S. Love it. Bigger screen, battery life, and music on board were all deciding factors. I also love the visual HR data field that comes standard.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Nice! Congrats and thanks.
  • GregInORL
    GregInORL Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Oh to add, I run solo a lot, so the added incident detection and emergency contacts is loved
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I got the 6x Pro sapphire and it's been great so far.

It has a lot of new metrics compared to my 5x, and the battery life is just plain sick. The new GPS chip has been giving me better tracks than my 5x, and even better than my Suunto A3P.

The screen is much better too. Bigger and higher resolution.

I also like the respiration, blood OX, and the new performance metrics.

Great device.