Introducing myself

Hi there. I'm 45 years old, 4'10", and after years of yo yo'ing on WW, I decided to break up with them. It just got to be too difficult to follow the plan, and I am now a couple pounds heavier than I was 4 years ago. Here we go, yet again. 🙄

The difference this time is that I am going through a divorce. I sign the papers next week and then have to serve him. So far, it is said to be an uncontested divorce, so crossing fingers that it stays that way. We've been married for 17.5 years, together for almost 19. He has his own set of food issues, which have gotten worse the last few years, and we kind of just feed off each other's emotional eating habits. I find it very difficult to stay motivated around him due to his depression and neediness, and have struggled for years to gain control of myself in an environment that is ever cluttered and chaotic, both mentally and physically. We are still in the same small home, but my hope is that when he finally moves out that I will be able to gain some control in my life and start living, rather than just existing.

Through this process, my counselor and BH-trained friends keep asking me what I am doing for self-care. I usually look at them like they're crazy. I work, I eat and I sleep. That's it. There ain't no time for self-care, I tell myself. Don't we all? 😂Anyways, I can't think of anything I want to do more than to be healthy and happy again, so MFP is the start of that, I hope. So is my divorce, as excruciatingly painful as that continues to be. Baby steps for now. I am focusing on tracking and a small walk most days during my afternoon break at work. I can't sustain much right now, but I am working on that.

I have found that I need to track in order to be successful. Being so short, I really need to be extra vigilant about what I eat because all of it goes to my butt. Well, every part of me explodes, actually. I gain everywhere.

What I hope to gain, instead of weight, is less pain, less BP meds, more energy, less depression, less anxiety, better habits and to feel comfortable in my own skin. Right now, I don't even want to look at myself. I hope to change that someday.

Sorry for the long post. I guess I got carried away. :) Best wishes to you all, and here we go. :)

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    This will be a fresh start for you! You can do this! <3

*hugs*
    xioz471jrj43.gif
  • iisziit
    iisziit Posts: 5 Member
    Hello to everyone out there I am here to make connections, get inspiration and continue my journey of healthy living and finding my happy place in this crazy world. Turned 51 this year and refuse to let that number define me. I love the topic of nutrition and fitness and most days you can find me either at the gym, going for a run or a hike with family or the dogs. I was in the overweight bmi 2 weeks ago but shifted that weight with the help of calorie counting and intermittent fasting. I am not a regular dieter as I truly believe what we consume is a life long behaviour and not just a temporary fix. I just want to be healthy simple and guessing most of you that have joined this community forum are the same. All the best to everyone with your endeavours.