What time do you all tend to weigh in and why?

Options
Hi all

I’m David 6ft tall 17st 8lb man (recently lost 20lb in past 5 weeks)

Just wondered what time you all tend to weigh in? Silly question I know, but still. I’m tending to donit at around 6am, thinking that that would be my lightest time? Any thoughts on the matter?

Thanks all

David

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    My lightest time is in the morning, I do this every morning.
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Our scales are in the bathroom so I weigh myself a lot just because I find it interesting to see how my weight fluctuates during the day and during the week.

Official weigh in is Sunday morning because I found that my weight stays quite stable during the week or went up and down a bit, but then would stabilise and go down to its 'actual' weight for that week on the weekend. For

the official weigh in, I weigh post-exercise, pre-eating and just wearing bra and undies :) But I do unofficially weigh myself post food, fully clothed, at the gym when I'm also wearing sneakers. It's all interesting to see how much gets added on. I wouldn't do that if I found the scales stressful though - for me it's just additional information to help track how I'm going.

The official weigh in is also when I took official measurements.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    First thing in the AM.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I also weigh first thing in the morning. My sleep schedule is fairly consistent, but how much (and when) I eat, drink, and exercise are not consistent, so this is the closest I can get to eliminating variables.

It is also when I'm lightest, which is nice, but I'm more concerned about being able to track a reasonably accurate trend.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I do it in the morning, usually after I have used the bathroom. Weighing later in the day tends to have higher fluctuations based on what you've eaten that day.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    i weigh in the morning...but oddly enough, that's when i'm the heaviest. probably because i eat dinner right before bed.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I set alarm for 8 am, go straight to bathroom, straight to scales, in p.j.’s before eat or drink anything., straight back to bed again. Oh wait— you didn’t ask that, did you?

To be consistent, and to weigh me and only me, not what I have eaten or drank that is not digested yet.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    always between 8 and 9 am and right after morning pee. I usually do a before & after on the morning pee because curiosity gets the best of me. I know much more about the storage capacity of a bladder than a person should LOL
  • kaika_dragon
    kaika_dragon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm the odd one out here, apparently - I typically weigh in the evening, naked, last thing before bed, on a day when I worked out/had roller derby in the evening. I usually shower just before bed on those days, so I just hop on the scale after my shower. Maybe it's not quite so exact as weighing in the mornings, but it works with my schedule and is fairly consistent. I don't really care about getting my weight correct down to the ounce.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    Another morning after bathroom weighed here.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Morning - after bathroom and before coffee or breakfast. I'm a daily weigher but admit to occasionally skipping Sunday mornings, as I eat a lot more every Saturday and don't like the "shock" of a couple lb that will be diminished by Mon/Tue morning.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    In the morning right before I step in the shower.
  • fourtotwentychars
    fourtotwentychars Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In the morning, right after I've had a dump.
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Only at my doctor's office :) Because I don't need to weigh myself any other time
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I work 3rd shift so I sleep during the day. I weigh myself in the afternoon when I get up, which I guess is considered morning for me.
    My official weigh in is Wednesday but I weigh everyday to see how I've been doing.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    The closest to a consistent weight will be in the morning after the toilet and before the coffee. how often you weigh will be determined by your goals and how you react to fluctuations. Some weigh daily, others do better with weekly or even monthly weigh-ins.

One fun thing: I like to weigh myself on my scale right before a doctor's appointment. I weigh myself with the same clothes and shoes I will be wearing when the nurse weighs me so I can see how close my home scale is to the doctor's scale. With my current scale I am usually within 1/2 lb. which makes me think my home scale is reasonably accurate.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight I weighed in first thing every Friday morning. I got more consistent readings since I eat more on the weekend (water weight fluctuations).

Now in maintenance, I weigh in once a month for the data and to make sure I'm staying in my range.
  • ku140
    ku140 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh after a work-out. This keeps me motivated to GO to the gym, so I can see where I am landing that day.