new member...need 50 pounds

Options
HELLO been on MFP since August....recommended by my doctor. I am 5'6 and weigh about 105..and seeing a nutritionalist....which has told me she might recommend a feeding tube...very thin and skeleton looking...need at at least 50 pounds..even with the extra weight look very thin.. drinking ORGAIN ORGANIC MEAL REPLACEMENT AND .ORGAIN PROTEIN POWDER...ALSO TWO SCOOPS OF RIVALUS CLEAN MASS GAINER DAILY.... IS THIS MESSAGE BOARD STILL VIABLE??? REALLY COULD USE SOME HELP...CALORIES ABOUT 3-4000 A DAY..THANK YOU

Replies

• LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi sweetie, sounds like you have been having a rough time of it! I'm in no way qualified to advise anyone with eating disorders, but if you are having a hard time getting the calories in, you need to tell why. Don't like the taste of fatty things, can't handle protein, allergies, eating disorder?

One easy way to add calories is a milkshake made with heavy cream instead of milk, and REAL ice cream(not artificial flavored, weird ingredients). This is what my mom was able to drink when she lost the ability to swallow regular food. Don't add any other sugar, and don't try to drink a huge one at first, get used to the fat then increase the amount. If you use vanilla ice cream you can add real fruit to flavor it up, too. Mom was especially fond of banana, chocolate and peanut butter shakes made with Bryers vanilla ice cream.

Anyway, not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I'm sure others will chime in to help. Just be upfront and honest about everything, then there will be help for you.

Hugs and best wishes for you.