I just need to stop eating so much

Options
Hi everyone. I've had this app for months, I've never used it. I am hoping today will be the start because I'm feeling pretty miserable with myself. I always have a good excuse not to "diet", but is there ever a good time? Good luck all.

Replies

• astory7132
    astory7132 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!:) It's always hard but keep at it!:)
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    It's easier (at least for me) not to think of it as a diet, but lifestyle changes. Most of us are guilty of eating too much. Best of luck to you!
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You need to figure out a strong enough reason to change or like a lot of people, myself included, you end up drifting and convincing youself that you'll start tomorrow, or Monday, or any other day.

You can do it, but only you can do it. Lot's of people have achieved fat loss so don't think you're any different. Just figure out your why. Once you build the habits they stay with you for life.

Good luck.
  • stv1520
    stv1520 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I eat everything. And I'm also a big snacker. Then 295 lbs hit. I had to do something! Started this September 26. Down 15 lbs. Guess what? It was extremely difficult. BUT-my stomach may be shrinking because I get full way quicker. Case in point-last night the wife and I "splurged" on steak tacos. 3 tacos, but I could not eat the 3rd. That's unheard of for me! My point is, it's way hard in the beginning-but if you stick with it through the tough first couple of weeks, it really does get easier!
  • MomNoms0941
    MomNoms0941 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m a stress binger. Welcome to MFP
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Lucky for you, this isn't a diet. It's a lifestyle change. Eat the foods you love. Stay in a calorie deficit and lose weight.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!