My first NSV!

Options
I ran a 1-mile without stopping! I've never run a whole mile without stopping, ever! I am so proud of myself. I've been overweight my entire life. As a result, I've never been a runner. But on August 7, I decided that I wanted to run a marathon and just 3 weeks later, I can now run a whole mile, A WHOLE MILE without stopping in 13 minutes! I know the time is awful but I don't care because I didn't stop the entire time!

Is it painfully obvious that I am so proud of myself? :D

Replies

• overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Good for you! In no time you will be able to do 2 in a row!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Good job! I absolute dislike running, but am doing a 3k in October and can't wait to see how I do!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think that is great!!!! YEa to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait until I can run a mile without stopping!!! I just made 1/4 of a mile without stopping....and I pushed myself hard! lol Sounds pathetic to some...but, for someone who has never ran a day in their life....that is a BIG NSV!!!! I cant wait to post when I am able to run a mile! My goal is two miles ......for now..... :):)
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great! Keep up the good work! You'll be running a 5k before you know it!
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    Great job!!
  • BamaNation73
    Options
    You should be painfully proud of yourself! What an accomplishment and a fantastic tool for getting rid of fat!! Good for you!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    woo hoo...soon you will be running a 5k in no time :)
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! That is so great! I remember the first time that I ran my first mile. I never ran, but like you made the decision to start running. Now I'm able to run 2 miles without stopping. My goal is to be able to run 3-4 miles and do a 5k marathon someday.
    Your time actually is not bad at all! And to already be running a mile is awesome! Keep up the good work. The results that you will get from running will be amazing! :-)
  • melon_e
    melon_e Posts: 58
    Options
    Great NSV!! That is so fantastic. What a great accomplishment :)
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You SHOULD be proud of yourself!! That is a wonderful accomplishment. Keep up the great work!!
  • destiny637
    Options
    That's so awesome, girlie! You should be very proud! It continues to get easier too. I am doing my first 5k on September 4th. Then I am training for 10k, and next year, I want to run a half marathon. Haven't decided if I want to ever do a full marathon, so kuddo's to you for committing too. You're awesome and very much an inspiration.
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!