Sharing is caring?

Options
Hello Peoples,

I was just wondering how much you share, or what on your news' feed with other peoples? I don't want to spam anyone. Currently though I don't share anything other than lost weight or multiple days logging in.

I am not even really sure I want to share my weight anymore o.o;, since it seems to yoyo so much. But I don't want to become a ghost either (despite the upcoming season).

Does what you share help motivate you? Or are y'all just pumped on the burning calories and keep your self going?

Replies

• mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I was very active and very successful on this site years ago. For me i felt sharing everything and being transparent kept me accountable but it’s definitely a personal choice. My past experience was totally positive and supportive even on days when my food diary was embarrassing. I am restarting again today and hoping to remain consistent
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Well, I never even look at the News Feed, so take my "Advice" with a grain of salt, but...

Do what works for You.

Don't worry about what people might think. That sounds exhausting.

I never had my Feed set to broadcast my weight or my logins or my diary, etc. I didn't need "accountability."

Do what works for You.

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    It's very individual I think. I've been using the site for a good few years, some people I have as friends are very interactive, some are not, I do find it's easier to interact more with those who I have learned more about. I do most of my chatting in the Groups here, rather than on my newsfeed but will occasionally, copy and paste things like goals for the week. This is more for myself than for others though.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Connection with others and yourself works.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Sharing played a good part in helping me when I was trying to lose. I've now been here 7 years, in maintenance for 6 and take notions about being active on my newsfeed. I have a group here that I'm active in and that's been great for sharing all sorts of things and not just fitness/diet related and its pretty much the only reason I now sign in here at all, oh and to browse the forums too of course! :smiley:
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I am quite open on my news feed about what is going on or how I am feeling and how this affects my eating and exercise. I find it makes it easier to stay accountable.