Relationships...What Not to do

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Don't leave Christmas lights up all year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Chicago_Lady
    Chicago_Lady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't snoop! If you go through enough stuff you'll find something you weren't supposed to see which will upset you (justified or not). Maybe something innocent. Respect privacy.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    don't become a roommate to them.
    don't get too comfortable and let yourself get sloppy basically. you gotta keep that romantic and sensual spark.
    kinda hard to do that if you become like the slob they lived with when they were twenty, like you never flush the toilet, or you leave the trash overflowing with pads, or you think the dishes are solely their responsibility.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Don't shame your partners for liking things that are different than you are into/used to.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    *Taking notes to use just in case I find myself in a relationship

giphy.gif
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Based on some other threads here, it sounds like communicating your desires/wishes/goals for life is necessary to avoid heartbreak and messy divorces.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    If she tells you she wants needs something from you - maybe take it serious even if you think it’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever heard

Agreed - and vice versa.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Have a second family in another state

I know a guy that really needed this bit of advice!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Don’t hit below the belt and say things that can’t be unsaid.
  • MrAcavano
    MrAcavano Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Don’t spend all your time on mfp. :p
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Don't compare every little thing about your partner to past partners or others' partners.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Do not be passive aggressive and mutter to yourself for everyone to hear about stuff you said "oh no, don't worry, I'll get it...." etc.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Don't constantly compare your bits and pieces to past partners she's had and stop putting emphasis on dick size as though it's the only important aspect of a relationship.

Also, don't fish for compliments. Appreciate the genuine ones that are given.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Don't constantly compare your bits and pieces to past partners she's had and stop putting emphasis on dick size as though it's the only important aspect of a relationship.

Also, don't fish for compliments. Appreciate the genuine ones that are given.

Every man appreciates “your teeny tiny d is sooo cute!” When said genuinely. Pretty sure, I think.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Don't mansplain. Plantain? sustain? maintain? Samhain (haha, not how it's pronounced.)