Weight loss journey

Options
Hi all my name is Daniel. I’m 27 veteran of the corps and a father of a amazing 2 year old and husband to an amazing wife. I have struggled with my weight for 5 years now but I woke up about a month ago and instead of saying I should lose weight and be better I woke up with my son and said I need to. I’ve been meal prepping every day for 3 weeks now and I’m down 5 pounds. Starting Monday next week I will be going to the gym 5 days a week. I have an amazing support system. My brother will be going to the gym with me and my wife is going on runs with me! I hope everyone reaches there goals on here I’m currently 311 and I want to lose 100 pounds. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• StaciMarie2020
    StaciMarie2020 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Having the support of one's family is a BIG help. So is telling them your plans, goals. Congrats on the progress you've made so far!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place. Logging my food is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Awareness is key. You'll be amazed at the changes you organically make once you have full visibility into what you are eating. My advice is to pay attention to macros and join a group or gather a good collection of committed MFP friends at various stages of their journey.
  • smile_sunshine3303
    Options
    Congratulations on the progress you've made so far. With the love and support of your family behind you I'm sure you will reach your goal. Have an amazing week.
  • Danicus10
    Danicus10 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you Everyone for the kind words, I agree I think having the support from my family has been awesome so far and everyday I put on some motivation from some of my biggest inspirations like Dwayne Johnson and just get in the go get it mentality.