Work Food

Options
Hi there. I am really trying hard to stay focused. My challenge is at work. My co-workers (including my boss) constantly bring food, chocolate, chips, jujubes, licorice everything that i love. The put it out on a table that is right beside my desk. It is so hard to just ignore it all. I am the only one who seems to have an issue with it so i just need to figure out how not to fall off the wagon.

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Could you politely ask them to locate it somewhere else. I would just make a joke out of it and say I can't be trusted please move it to ___________. Hopefully no one is offended.
  • lk321
    lk321 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh i have many times....lol. I even suggest we bring veggie trays more often. But no such luck. Very frustrating. It is all just too close for when you have a moment of weakness. I am not sure there is a solution but I guess I just want to vent. :-)
  • slimdownt
    slimdownt Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Willpower. You have to have some control if you wish to succeed. Others can't do it for you.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    lk321 wrote: »
    Oh i have many times....lol. I even suggest we bring veggie trays more often. But no such luck. Very frustrating. It is all just too close for when you have a moment of weakness. I am not sure there is a solution but I guess I just want to vent. :-)

I understand. That is really maddening. Vent away, we can identify with you.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    lk321 wrote: »
    Hi there. I am really trying hard to stay focused. My challenge is at work. My co-workers (including my boss) constantly bring food, chocolate, chips, jujubes, licorice everything that i love. The put it out on a table that is right beside my desk. It is so hard to just ignore it all. I am the only one who seems to have an issue with it so i just need to figure out how not to fall off the wagon.

I personally found that thinking about everyone's dirty hands, coughing, sneezing all over community food really helps me to find it less tempting.

You could also save a few calories that you pre-log into your day for one work snack that you will really enjoy, and then when you can't say no, you can enjoy that one amount without guilt. Sometimes forbidden things become more tempting than they would otherwise be!

I love this!

I prelog at the beginning of my day and if someone does bring extra treats in I think "Nope - no room in the budget for this" or "OK - "I can make room in the budget for this" and adjust accordingly.