Polar FT7 for women?

Options
I did not know that Polar HRM's were gender specific. I am getting mine today but I find that some websites list the BLACK Polar FT7 for women but other sites say it's for men. So.....if you have this kind of HRM which one did you get? Red or Black?

Thank you.

Replies

• scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I don't recall mine being listed as either, but I got the black one with the gold stripe.
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    black. and it's specifically for women.
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mine is black, with a silver stripe...for men. I believe the FT7 is a men's HRM and the FT4 is a women's HRM. Least that is the way it's listed on Amazon.com
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Mine is black with a gold stripe, I got it because it was for women. I was sad there was an all black one I thought looked nice. Then again I do not end up wearing it anywhere but the gym so to hell with fashion.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I did not know that Polar HRM's were gender specific. I am getting mine today but I find that some websites list the BLACK Polar FT7 for women but other sites say it's for men. So.....if you are a girl and have this kind of HRM which one did you get? Red or Black?

Thank you.

mine was listed as "FT40F," It's black with a flower pattern inset:
    http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Womens-Heart-Monitor-Watch/dp/B0035XOYH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314716674&sr=8-1

I only paid $115 for mine.
  • mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I got the red :)
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Mine is black, with a silver stripe...for men. I believe the FT7 is a men's HRM and the FT4 is a women's HRM. Least that is the way it's listed on Amazon.com

Nope, my FT7 is for women, sorry. The one with the nice silver is for men, the one with the yicky gold (I hate gold) is for women
  • tawnabanana
    tawnabanana Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In your personal settings, you should be able to change from male to female. I have the FT4 and my husband used it a couple of times before he got his own. We just had to adjust the settings. Whatever you got should work fine after changing the settings and a men's may just be a difference in the size of the watch and the strap.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Nope, my FT7 is for women, sorry. The one with the nice silver is for men, the one with the yicky gold (I hate gold) is for women
    This is correct. Love mine!!
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    Red and LOVE it!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

No actually, they are for both genders. The black/silver and black/red FT7 is for males, and the black./gold and red/silver FT7 are the female ones. The bronze FT4 is for a female and the silver FT4 is for a male.

The only difference between the male and female ones are the colors.. everything else is the exact same.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

mine was listed as "FT40F," It's black with a flower pattern inset:
    http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Womens-Heart-Monitor-Watch/dp/B0035XOYH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314716674&sr=8-1

I only paid $115 for mine.
    [/quote]

Oh I love that one! Wish I had the money to fork over for one that price...darn!
  • cnewyou
    cnewyou Posts: 40
    Options
    Mine is black with silver, not very frilly. When I set it, I used Female as the sex. I got mine on sale for $99.99 a few weeks back at Sports Authority and I had a $25 coupon for a purchase over $100, so it was a steal! Using it has been an eye opening experience. I only burn half the amount I thought.
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I am female and bought the black FT7 for men to have the larger size. You can set it up for men or women. It has the options in settings.