I need ideas for goal rewards!

Options
I know some of you might go "Isn't loosing the weight reward enough in and of itself?" Well yeah but having mini goal rewards make it all the more fun! :-D

So after hitting 10lbs lost this morning I'd like to pick some rewards for myself that are nonfood related. Today I think I might reward myself by taking it easy today and NOT thinking about exercise, just for one day, like a mini vacation! But anyway I'd like to come up with rewards for every 10lbs lost. I'll need 9 in all since I already came up with the first one.

Here's what it will look like for me
250=20lbs lost
240=30lbs lost
230=40lbs lost (This is my wedding weight)
220=50lbs lost (I haven't been this small since I was in high school)
210=60lbs lost
200=70lbs lost
190=80lbs lost
180=90lbs lost
170=100lbs lost (I haven't been this small since before middle school.)

What are some rewards you have picked out for yourself? Mine should probably revolve around video games, movies and outdoor activities... I'd also like to get a massage at some point... That might be a good one for my 50lbs lost reward. :-)

Replies

• whatsyour1020
    Options
    Spa, mac laptop, underwear shopping, books..........anything nice :D
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Mani/pedi, facial, new outfit, new hair cut/color, new shoes...
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    when you reach your main goal...it could be a tattoo...to mark the big change in your life! something that symbolizes the change for you. like a butterfly. :flowerforyou:
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've rewarded myself with mani/pedi, new shoes, and buying clothes! Anything that helps show off your success will help keep you motivated.
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    manicure, pedicure, Zumba Exhiliration DVD set, iPod docking station, full body massage, new jeans, new shoes
    I never do food related rewards but I know some people do.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    New Clothes is what I would do. The smaller the size and the better the fit the better I feel!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely do the massage. How about this:

20 lb loss you schedule a neck massage; 30 lb loss schedule a hand/foot massage plus a pedicure; and later on down the road (say your 50 lb loss) schedule a full body massage?

Great job on setting mini-goals and milestones for yourself!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My ten was haircut. I have some things on my mental list but haven't put anything down in writing yet. I am 4 from 20 pounds and that reward will be new dvd player for bedroom for my exercise dvds.

On my mental lists I have pedicure, new bras, ten speed bike and tattoo!

I am thinking that tattoo will be at onederland (14 to go!)
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Definitely some pampering for yourself depending on what you can afford (mani/pedi, facial, massage or a combo of all 3). An indulgence of something you enjoy like a concert, play, or if you are a big kid like me maybe some kind of adventure park trip. And the best reward right behind the weight loss.........shopping. A pair of shoes, new undies, a piece of jewelry, purse or if you aren't into those things whatever you would like to indulge in. I know my goals are more pamper and shopping related but I'm thinking of making a vitamix a treat for making my ultimate goal. I've wanted one forever but they are pricey. The health benefits are great though.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    when you reach your main goal...it could be a tattoo...to mark the big change in your life! something that symbolizes the change for you. like a butterfly. :flowerforyou:

I'm actually planning that! :-D That's such a great Idea!