RIDICULOUS!!!

Options
I'm a little peeved today becuase my friend and I started going to the gym on the 8th (restarted my nutrition journey) and she cancels a lot. I told her yesterday that after my membership for the month was up I wasn't going to renew it cuz I can just exercise at home (only 1 vehicle til Sat.), plus, I burn more cals doing taebo than walking on the treadmill. So, she doesn't even call this morning to cancel, I called her at the same time we talk on our workout days to see if we are going and low and behold she doesn't want to, we planned to go 5x's/wk. and she cancels about 3 every week, she's just going to firm up anyway doesn't have but maybe, maybe 3 lbs to lose so it's not as important to her, but it sure is to me and getting on my nerves. Sorry just had to vent!!!:explode: Thanx for listening.

Replies

• Bug263
    Bug263 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a little peeved today becuase my friend and I started going to the gym on the 8th (restarted my nutrition journey) and she cancels a lot. I told her yesterday that after my membership for the month was up I wasn't going to renew it cuz I can just exercise at home (only 1 vehicle til Sat.), plus, I burn more cals doing taebo than walking on the treadmill. So, she doesn't even call this morning to cancel, I called her at the same time we talk on our workout days to see if we are going and low and behold she doesn't want to, we planned to go 5x's/wk. and she cancels about 3 every week, she's just going to firm up anyway doesn't have but maybe, maybe 3 lbs to lose so it's not as important to her, but it sure is to me and getting on my nerves. Sorry just had to vent!!!:explode: Thanx for listening.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'd be peeved too. Just do your thing anyway. I know it's sometimes more fun to go with a friend, but if you're all set and ready to go, be like the Nike commercial - Just Do It. :wink:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear your buddy dropped out on you...the upside is you have us here at MFP to keep ya motivated.....Good luck in your journey!!:drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    That would really piss me off also.
  • Bug263
    Bug263 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd be peeved too. Just do your thing anyway. I know it's sometimes more fun to go with a friend, but if you're all set and ready to go, be like the Nike commercial - Just Do It. :wink:
    That's what I tell myself everytime I get off the phone with her, as soon as my 3yr. old is down for a nap I put taebo in and get kicking, it helps cuz I'm upset and feel much better when I'm done. I guess the anger would be my motivation there.:laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I use to get annoyed when my workout buddy cancelled, which she did frequently and on short notice as well.

Then I started learning to run. With music, LOUD PUMPING music.

Now I'm slightly annoyed when she CAN make it for a workout. :laugh:

If you don't want that membership, ditch it. Workout at home, or go to the gym by yourself when you can (if you like). Focus on yourself, darling.

And yes, use that anger towards your workouts!!!