Michael vs Jason vs Freddy poll

pizzamyheart
pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
Who is better....Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees? What setting is better? Haddonfield or Crystal Lake? Which series do you like better? Or do you think Freddy is better? And Elm Street? TELL US!

Replies

• pizzamyheart
    Every October I watch all of the Halloween movies again. Every year. Minus Halloween III, because screw that one. I like Friday the 13th series, but I don't watch it as much. And sometimes I even forget about Freddy, but as a kid, the whole attack in your dreams concept really got me. So I do like the whole nightmare on elm street premise. Michael is still my favorite.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Michael Myers is my favorite, followed by Jason Voorhees. Freddy has great imagery but I've always struggled to get into the movies.

Leslie Vernon or Harry Warden would have to be my dark horse (or horses?) tho. Don't sleep on them!!!
  • beerdedbastard
    beerdedbastard Posts: 641 Member
    edited October 2019
    Of the three, Jason was my favorite growing up. Followed closely by Michael. Freddy is a joke and isn't worth mentioning. Absolute favorite is Leatherface though. First horror I watched was The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
  • pizzamyheart
    Of the three, Jason was my favorite growing up. Followed closely by Michael. Freddy is a joke and isn't worth mentioning.

Disagree. I think Freddy scared me as a kid. The whole dream concept was good.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Michael and Haddonfield trump Jason and Crystal Lake. Maybe cuz there is a Crystal Lake that I use to go skinny dipping in with a guy named Jason.. Idk. I do know that even though Elm Street movies seem beyond fake Freddy really messed with my head as a kid and I use to have dreams about him being real so I don't like him or that series.

I like all kinds of scary movies but not The Hills Have Eyes, it really freak me out because we see people that look them in our office often and I just can't.
  • pizzamyheart
    I wish there was a movie out there now that could scare me the way I was scared as a kid. Most the time jump scares don't even get me because you know they are coming. Plus I'm dead inside, so it takes a lot to scare me now.
  • Reckoner68
    I wish there was a movie out there now that could scare me the way I was scared as a kid. Most the time jump scares don't even get me because you know they are coming. Plus I'm dead inside, so it takes a lot to scare me now.

I feel this. I don't like getting jump-scared, even when I know they're coming, so that's a thing...BUT...true terror? Jason Voorhees killed me in one of my dreams before and I wouldn't even consider it a real nightmare. I woke up, thought "That was weird" and went back to sleep.

Looking back, it WAS weird. Dead inside for realz tho
  • pizzamyheart
    For those of you who prefer jason..... do you even count the later stupid ones? Isn't there one where Jason is in outer space?
  • Reckoner68
    For those of you who prefer jason..... do you even count the later stupid ones? Isn't there one where Jason is in outer space?

They all eventually go to space. Even the leprechaun went to space.

The rabbit hole goes deep, though. Seeing the Necronomicon and the dagger in Jason Goes to Hell, then having the director say that it was official that Jason Voorhees is a Deadite from the Evil Dead franchise was enough to make me sorta roll my eyes and just take the later ones for what they are.
  • pizzamyheart
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

They all eventually go to space. Even the leprechaun went to space.

The rabbit hole goes deep, though. Seeing the Necronomicon and the dagger in Jason Goes to Hell, then having the director say that it was official that Jason Voorhees is a Deadite from the Evil Dead franchise was enough to make me sorta roll my eyes and just take the later ones for what they are.

He said that? Ha, I never heard that. I do enjoy the Evil Dead Movies though.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Jason. Jason Bourne.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Freddie. Elm Street. Mic drop. Period.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Horror movies scare me.
  • pizzamyheart
    cee134 wrote: »
    Horror movies scare me.

Shouldn't they horrify you?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    Horror movies scare me.

Shouldn't they horrify you?

Naw, it's all the dumb jump-scares that they use as a cheap trick I don't like.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    I don't watch horror movies so I am voting based on the title of the post. 1) Jason Momoa 2) Michael Jai White 3) Freddie Prinze Jr.