31, Texas, trying to lose weight for my health!

kpforyou
kpforyou Posts: 56 Member
edited October 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys! I'm Katie! I used mfp back in like 2012 and lost 30 pounds! Of course, I gained it all back, and I moved around a lot the last few years and managed to gain like 15 pounds in each new city. So now I'm on a mission to lose like 70 pounds *sigh* It has always been something I've struggled with, I've never liked the way I've looked, but now it's also getting to be a health issue. Blood pressure is up, cholesterol is up, all the bad numbers are up. I need to lose weight for my health. I also think it might help with my depression and lack of confidence (coupled with therapy, obvi). And hopefully with my difficulty sleeping.

I am trying to join a roller derby league, but skating is hard and I'm currently missing all the muscles required to do basic things like get up after falling 😂 I need some active friends for motivation for this! Please add me!

Replies

• kpforyou
    kpforyou Posts: 56 Member
    Bump, still looking for more pals!
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Hiya Katie. Add me if you like. I've lost > 100lbs and learnt a lot a long the way. Finding an activity you love is really useful - I love the sound of roller derby! Mine turned out to be taekwondo - I was sore for a long time developing muscles but now love it. I'm trying to lose the last 14lbs or so still.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Hey there good luck.
    I skate but on ice. I have my entire life.
    Work on your core. You'd be surprised how much a strong will help you with your skating. It's a full body workout. People think it's all legs but I guarantee you a strong core will help you immensely
    Good luck
  • briddyw222
    briddyw222 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Katie

I have also used this site before years ago and had success loosing almost 40 lbs. over the years I fell back into bad habits had a couple kids and stopped using this site. Now I’m 33 years old 5’3 and my weight is back up to 177 lbs 😬. I am quite active as I have 2 year old twins and I am an avid runner living in a non runners body lol. Add me as a friend if you are still looking for accountability buddies