What am I doing wrong?

Options
I am on my 3rd week, lost 7lbs in the first 2 weeks, then GAINED 1LB this week! I was still trying super hard and felt like I shouldn’t have gained already! I know there will be slip ups but this seems early for that! 😩 I’ve been drinking 2-4 litres of water per day. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Replies

• missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing an amazing job. Keep at it!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    NOTHING! as long as you are staying in a calorie deficit. Do you weigh your food? That's important. Otherwise, don't worry about a 1-2 lb fluctuation, that is completely normal.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Read that^^. Seriously.

Where are you in your menstrual cycle? I gain at ovulation and during PMS, even when eating in a calorie deficit. It's just water weight and comes right back off, so I don't sweat it!
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Scale fluctuations are normal. Keep doing what you are doing (following MFP's calorie recommendation) and be patient. Weight loss isn't linear. The scale will go up and down. It's best if that bugs you to use a Weight Trending App so you can see a clear trend.

There are several causes of these fluctuations such as:

Sodium
    Having sore muscles from work outs (Aka retaining water)

The scale doesn't only represent fat. Your body is way more complex than that. Water retention happens.