I feel like a failure Keto

Options
have been tracking my macros for keto and I’m usually a little over my carbs but today I really feel like a failure.
My goals on macros are protein goal 20% was at 22% today carbs goal 5% and I was at 9% and fats goal 75% I was at 69%. I don’t know how to say below my goal n carbs but get the fats n. And I am usually always a little above my protein. I am 1 month into keto. Please help

Replies

• IamBorg
    IamBorg Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do a "relaxed keto", because I value my sanity. For me, I'd go nuts and quit if I tried to keep my carbs under 20. My goal is to keep net carbs under 50, and I don't stress if it goes a bit over some days. Every body is different, and the magic number for your body to get/stay in ketosis isn't necessarily 5% or 20 grams or 30 grams or whatever.

Maybe experiment and see what works for you. Try it a few different ways with different numbers. Do some research on the range of carb measurements that are found to work.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Do you remember any of the good advice you were given from your last thread? You're still focusing on things that don't matter.

If you can, I think an appointment with your doctor or a dietician would be beneficial.
  • lillypade
    lillypade Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @anubis609 I am doing keto for fat lose. My idea weight would b 125. I have 5 more pounds to get rid of.
  • lillypade
    Options
    @apullum I’m down 9 lbs on keto n 1 month it is working I only need to get rid of 5 more pounds I know that doesn’t sound like much. I feel great since I’ve been on keto.
  • lillypade
    Options
    @apullum yes I do believe it was water weight at the beginning.
  • tmaroni
    tmaroni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m pretty much on the exact same path you are, started three weeks ago at 140, just weighed myself in at 129 today, which my goal was .5lbs per week so for sure that was a lot of water I’m no longer storing. The first week I obsessively controlled my macros...but then I stopped pooping, so I added a huge spinach salad each night and based every meal in plants, which I was able to do with just no quite meeting the macros but my urine strips tell me I never got kicked out of Ketosis. Now, this week I’m dog sitting at a house that house all the things- the keto ice cream, chocolate, protein bars, chips, pizza!!! and due to them (luckily it’s all over tomorrow) my percentages are even further out of whack, and I think it’s due to alcohol sugars and the large amount of fiber that the calorie counter doesn’t take into account. Still in Ketosis and for me that’s the more important part. That, and getting off the processed junk when I go home tomorrow.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    lillypade wrote: »
    @apullum I’m down 9 lbs on keto n 1 month it is working I only need to get rid of 5 more pounds I know that doesn’t sound like much. I feel great since I’ve been on keto.

Working but not sustainable by the sounds of it. With no medical reason to avoid carbs try adding carbs back in , staying within goal and see how you feel.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    lillypade wrote: »
    @anubis609 I am doing keto for fat lose. My idea weight would b 125. I have 5 more pounds to get rid of.

Then stay the course. Fat loss is easy as long as you're consistent. Losing it fast isn't very meaningful if you don't know how to keep it off. Focus on the quality of your diet (doesn't matter if it's keto or standard diet) and your activity levels, and use this time to practice patience. The number on the scale ultimately doesn't mean much, when you're within a healthy range of bf%, as long as you look and feel good.