What do you all snack on to satisfy a hunger pang?

Options
I see you're all snacking :) Just wondering what exactly you are snacking on, why that particular choice and does it hit the spot for you?

I've just finished weight watchers where i could feed on fruit all day long if needed. Now i'm counting calories that has to change, my fruit intake is going to go right down lol...

Any ideas what i can snack on? And please remember i am in the UK not the US...

Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    A handful of nuts
    Cheese
    Something with a bit of protein & healthy fat
  • JoyfulSparkle
    Options
    chopped veggies and hummus or dip, about an hour before dinner. It helps keep my portion sizes normal!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, or a protein shake. I try to stay away from dairy and simple sugars and carbs!
  • ckspores
    ckspores Posts: 52
    Options
    Carrots are my current favorite but any raw veggie works well for me because it takes some effort to chew and "feels" satisfying. I'll dip the carrots in hummus, cheese, or salsa sometimes for an extra kick.

I've also been using greek yogurt as a good snack. It has lots of protein and usually holds me over quite nicely between lunch and dinner.
  • TinyTina2012
    Options
    I usually go for bell peppers (or any veggie really) dipped in hummus.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Why no more fruit? Berries are not high in calories... I usually snack on berries, but almonds also work.
  • neela31
    neela31 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    nuts, cucumbers with hummus
  • derbylea
    derbylea Posts: 22
    Options
    If I feel really hungry- popcorn. Relatively low cal, lots of fiber, fills up the tummy. I also like celery (esp. if I have some calories for a little low fat dip), bagel thin with low fat cream cheese, fruit (esp. watermelon).
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Melba toast and cottage cheese.
    Celery and Hummus.
    Sugar free Jello...
  • Girlbirder
    Girlbirder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Alpen light bars - the apple ones are 59 calories.
    Mixed fruit and nuts (high in calories but good for grazing).
    vegetable sticks and tzatziki (lower than the other dips).

You can still go with your fruit, just maybe change which fruits you are going for, melon is low in calories, but I avoid grapes as I can eat far too many!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I love Special K Cracker Chips Sour Cream... they are NOT a rice cake.. and they taste YUMM_MMEEE___EEEE
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I like nuts, but have to plan for them because of the calories.

Carrots are great, carrots dipped in guacamole are better.

Apples, string cheese
  • aph1234
    aph1234 Posts: 25
    Options
    fiber one bars or nature valley granola bars air poped popcorn or i put popcorn kernals in a brown paper bag and put in microwave only 3 minues or 3 and a half it burns easy without oil
  • cheekymonkeyface
    cheekymonkeyface Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If going for fruit it tends to be bananas, apples or melon tbh! But i was finding i could gnaw my weight through 6 pieces a day quite easily.....
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Carrots are my current favorite but any raw veggie works well for me because it takes some effort to chew and "feels" satisfying. I'll dip the carrots in hummus, cheese, or salsa sometimes for an extra kick.

I've also been using greek yogurt as a good snack. It has lots of protein and usually holds me over quite nicely between lunch and dinner.

Carrots dipped in Salsa...... Hmmmmm...... I MUST try this!

For me, it depends on my "mood." What satisfies me one day might not the next. I do like Special K Multi-Grain Crackers (13) with a Wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese... Total 100 calories. :-)

Nature Made Granola Squares also hit the spot for me.

Apples or Celery and Peanut Butter (Peanut Butter really hits the spot for me, just a tbsp. :-)

Honey Sticks (you can order these on Amazon)

I sorta like (and I say sorta like because it isn't as good as a "real" one lol) the fiber one brownies. They are pretty tasty, but just not a REAL brownie..... I am so craving baked goods right now. :-(
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    I eat goji berries (wolfberries, I think they are also called). They satisfy my sweet tooth. Chromium picolinate helps cravings. I buy them online.
  • I like weight watchers dessert yoghurts, the ones with around 50 calories.

I also like protein bars, the ones I buy are called multipower energy bars in vanilla flavour (from Holland and Barrett in Ireland). A 35g bar has 136 calories. They're really handy when I go straight from work to the gym or to meet a friend. They're quite sweet so it's a nice alternative to a chocolate bar!

Cherry tomatos, cucumber and carrot sticks too!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I see you're all snacking :) Just wondering what exactly you are snacking on, why that particular choice and does it hit the spot for you?

I've just finished weight watchers where i could feed on fruit all day long if needed. Now i'm counting calories that has to change, my fruit intake is going to go right down lol...

Any ideas what i can snack on? And please remember i am in the UK not the US...

Thanks in advance xx

I cannot imagine why you wouldn't continue snacking on fruit. That is the ideal high-nutrient snack and a value for the calories consumed. I eat all the fruit I want and I still sometimes have difficulty getting my calories over 1200/day. If I have extra calories, I snack on some dark chocolate, but usually it's pineapple, peaches, nectarines, plum, strawberries and bananas.
  • cheekymonkeyface
    cheekymonkeyface Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have to say i have no problem eating 1200 calories a day and i've had a gastric bypass....

Saying that i need to plan my diet better and go shopping! Some nice salads are in order to pack for work, and am definitely taking the boiled egg snack on board as they are so low in calories and i can nibble one whilst making a cuppa at work :)

My aim now is to get the carbs down and the protein up, so whoever put about the Holland & Barrett protein bars i thank you sincerely xx