Fell off the MFP bandwagon....

Options
Hello everyone ! I joined this wonderful site on the end of July 2011, and was completely obsessed by it ! As my husband put it, I was CRAZY OBSESSED…. I lost 10lbs in 2 weeks, and was feeling like I could FINALLY lose my needed 100 lbs……

But then 2 weeks ago, I came down with the WORST flu I have had in I can’t even remember how long….. Not sure if the fact that I never really get “sick-sick”, or the fact that I am now much older….. (41!) but it has taken me this long to bounce back from this flu ! And I still don’t feel myself…. I still get serious headaches like sinus infection…… Yes, I took my antibiotics. And even took one day off from work, which I NEVER do (for being sick....)

And I can see already the results (or not!) – I haven’t been logging my food in, and haven’t started that exercise plan I was looking forward to (30DS) since I can’t muster the energy to wake up at 5:30am….. Dropped 2 lbs in 2 weeks now….. :frown:

So, this was just a “complaint and whine” post….. Of who is feeling down and needs a “pick me up, get back on track” hug…..

It is truly inspiring to me to read all your success stories ! And all the tips that pour in from all around the world. I sit here in amazement, and after reading all that, I know that only I can do this for myself ! But, still doesn’t make it any better, or easier….. Or wake me up at 5:30am to exercise….. My 30DS will not help me lose weight by osmosis like I was planning….. LOL

So – here I am, hoping this will post will help hold me accountable to jump back on that bandwagon !

Cheers to all, and good luck my MFP friends ! :wink:

Replies

• babersbh
    babersbh Posts: 32
    Options
    I too, fell off the MFP wagon big time. I had knee surgery 2 weeks ago yesterday, and have been laying around eating stuff that I know is not good for me.

Don't beat yourself up. I have gotten out of bed today and decided that I know I can't get back to exercise yet, but there is no excuse that I can't go back to proper eating! I had been doing so well and I am going to do this! You can to....so hop back on this wagon with me and let's do it! ;)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Okay, you were sick and needed to heal. Get back up and get on with your life!! You can do it!! Keep moving forward, Stay focused on your immediate goal. Start with ONE thing, and go from there.
    NOW!!!

Was that okay?
  • catmomof3
    Options
    I would love to be your friend here and cheer you on. I am also 41, have 83 total lbs to lose and am also down 13 lbs. So 70 to go for me. My goal weight is 145. I know it sucks to be sick at our age. :sick:

Don't feel bad. It's the getting back on the wagon that counts, not how many times you fall off.

2lbs in 2 weeks is fine! :happy: Especially if you haven't been tracking.

Get back on the wagon and you'll keep losing - which is the point, right? :wink:

Hugs to you.
    Catherine
  • cinderC
    cinderC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Guilty as well of falling off the grid, however I have no good excuse other than - been too busy to log anything...

Although I have been attending the gym regularly, I feel guilty for not logging anything because when I did I had a good vision of what I had to do and so on.

Anyway, that being said, I hope you both feel better and recuperate soon!

Let`s get our butts in gear shall we :)
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    12 lbs in 4 weeks is still a huge weight loss. Don't feel down. Let your body heal and then you can get back to losing weight.
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This happens to the best of us, sick or not. I fell of just because I had a "screw it!" week. It's hard to get back into the groove of things, but you can do it!
  • Renejayza
    Renejayza Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes it does happen we just start over and don't give up... We can do this... lol
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    The important thing is now you are back...start you journey and take it one day at a time...you can do it. Good luck :-)
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. Falling off the wagon was easy, but today I was back on that wagon, in the gym and logging everything. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • Kate3873
    Kate3873 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am in the same boat :( I am getting back to the commitment i had to this site TODAY!! It helped me lose over 8 lbs and now I am gaining it back. I have no accountability without the site and feel horrible both mentally and physically!! Hopefully we can help each other :) Lets jump back on that wagon!!!! :wink:
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    We can all jump on together! Cheers!:drinker:
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ok - so here it is : "MFP RECLAIM YOUR HEALTH" BANDWAGON ! Unlimited space !! Reinforced so we can all jump on it !

I started tracking already today - and just commited myself to re-starting JM's 30DS Sept challenge on 9/1/11.....

So, today is the 1st day of my coming back......!!! :tongue:

I really just wanted to thank every single one of you for taking your time, and writing these kind words of encouragment. Every single one that I read has meant something to me ! And this is exactly what I love about this site - complete strangers don't hesitate in reaching out to you, and making you feel better ! :heart:

Anyone who hasn't done so yet, and would like to - pls feel free in friending me !

Thanks again !
    Cheers,
    Danielle :drinker: