Have you went into a store just to try on clothes?

Options
jnd951999
jnd951999 Posts: 57 Member
Not actually buy them but just try them on and see what size you could fit into? I know this may sound silly to some people but I don't have the money to spend on new clothes for every size I go down so I have to wear them until I no longer can & use a belt before I get new ones. It's usually 2 to 3 sizes before I buy new clothes. It really helps me stay motivated. Does anyone else do this, lol?

Replies

• livinghcglacey
    Options
    not yet, but i will :) i wanted to try on swimsuits the other day. I have not lost 10lbs yet, but i feel wonderful! i think it would be great motivation just to see what you could possibly wear as you lose weight. I wish i had enough money to buy a "goal" outfit!!
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good idea! My goal is to get new jeans and casual work pants every 20 pounds or so. Not sure if that will be 2 sizes or not. I just started fitting into 16s again. So we will see. I am just buying a few things of what I really need.
  • wanetam
    wanetam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time!! lol It helps keep me motivated. I usually have no intention of buying either, there is just no point in buying too many clothes when I keep losing weight. Glad I am not alone :tongue:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    yep..im totally with you..all my pants fall down, and even my belt is too big, but i have to wear them, and hopefully get new clothes @ Christmas..but yes, i go in to places at least once a month..LoL
  • jnd951999
    jnd951999 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Girl, I'm right there with you on that goal outfit. The smallest I have ever been was when I was 17 and I was a size 8. I'm fixing to be 31. I had saved that 1 pair of size 8's for years to someday fit back into and now I can't find them anywhere. I want a goal outfit too!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Ive done it
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    HA! Never thought about doing that! But....that is one more step to feeling good about myself! I think Ill go Saturday! : )
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    no. I hate shopping and trying on clothes. lol
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have! Its so much fun, even if some things fit a bit tight you know they will soon fit normal.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Putting it off for now, maybe in another 30lbs or so. I have hit up Ross a few times and picked up some Dockers for $9/pair on their clearance rack that I can just fit into now, which is cool for work. My size 48 pants are swallowing me in comparison to the size 42s I can usually wear now.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    A couple times I've bought clothes a size smaller than I am and keep them out and try them on. Its so cool wehn I can finally wear them!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    yup...i went from a 14 to a size 8....I have 10 more pounds to lose..then TONE TONE TONE...I want to be a size 6..
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I go to the thrift store and rack up in "new" clothes since I am losing weight, I do not want to spend a lot on new clothes until I reach my goal weight.
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes....I have done this. LOL and it feels great. I can't afford clothes for each size also. But I do have to buy a dress soon to go to a wedding and I am holding off until I can get a smaller size. I actually try on dresses and that is an item I usually stay away from.

It is fun to get these little perks.
  • ymvestal
    ymvestal Posts: 84
    Options
    I HAVE done this...recently. It felt so good. I went to Walmart and tried on pants (kept getting smaller sizes) until I found the size that fit...then instead of buying 2 new pair of jeans for $45 at Walmart, I went to Goodwill and purchsed 4 pair of pants and 2 picture frames for less than one pair of pants at Walmart - BEFORE TAX - would have cost me. They may not be "new" jeans...but they are "new to me" in a size that fits!! because like you, I cannot afford to buy new clothes every time I lose enough to justify purchasing new clothes.

Good luck to you!!!
  • lersie
    lersie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Damn.....I always end up buying them. I think I need to go to shopaholics anonymous! I'm going to buy that movie true confessions of a shopaholic.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I havent even thought of doing that! Its a good idea though. I only have a couple of pairs of trousers i used to wear for work that are fixed waist...most of my things are elasticated waist. Those trousers now fall down completely, so itll be interesting to see what size i actually am now!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'd be too tempted to shop...but, I do try on a smaller pair of jeans I have at home all the time. A month ago, they didn't fit, two weeks ago, I got them buttoned, but they were still bad. Last week they went right on, but left me bulging out the top. One of these weeks they're going in my gym bag for Friday-jeans days...maybe even this week :bigsmile:
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I buy them when I can, but can't always. I recently tried on a pair of pants and fit into a much smaller size than I expected. My biggest issue right now is bras...don't want to buy new ones but the others are too big. I could fit a pound of lunch meat in the cups...but want to lose another 20 lbs before I buy again. One thing you CAN do is take in your clothes you current wear and make them smaller. You can do that with bras too, and skirts and pants are easy. Just add a "dart" in 2 or 4 places around the waistband.
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I've been thinking I went down another size but don't have any money to buy anything new so I haven't gone to the store.....never thought of just going to try on :) Thanks! I know what I'll be doing on my lunch break now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!