100+ lbs to lose challenge and support group!

sarahkova
sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
edited October 1 in Motivation and Support
HI Everybody!

I know I am not the only one out there but I can't find a group unless I am missing it somewhere! Anybody interested in joining me on this journey? I started Dec 28th and fell off the wagon this summer but am back again...

I am 31 will be 32 this month! Mother to 3.5 year old twins. I am currently working towards my Masters in HR while being a SAHM.

Hope to have some company!
Sarah

Replies

• Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    I too am looking to lose about 100 lbs, I started a couple months ago and am down just over 15.

I too am 32 and my twins are 20 months (boy/girl). I work out of the home and I don't know how you manage being a student and toddler wrangling. I am way impressed.

Friend me if you would like.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    HI! I am in! I started The 17 day diet 3 1/2 months ago, and am down 30 pounds, with 90 or so to go.
  • Hi all!

I'm right there with ya :)

You may want to check out this group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/322148-need-to-lose-100-lbs-or-more-lets-start-a-group
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    hey i would ove to lose a 100lbs...i right here with u just let me kno what to do
  • sarahkova
    Great welcome everybody!

I was going to add and forgot I am closer to 150 left to lose but yeah :) I am at 317 right now
  • aj11016
    aj11016 Posts: 65
    I also am going to school but for my first degree and my son is almost 21 months :) (Oh and I have a "bit" of weight that I am trying to get rid of) I have been off and on until about a month and a half ago I started to get serious and I feel great, down about 17lbs :) I would be happy to help support you on your journeys :) feel free to add me
    ~ Amy
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    I have a little over 100lbs to loose as well....whew, that's a lot of weight! My current goal is to loose 10lbs...and the next one is to fit into a pair of jeans that would be too big right now had I stayed on the wagon. My difficulties right now are just listening to all the people who say they have "accepted their fat". I just can't believe that. It is discouraging that alot of people around me are either trying to loose weight and aren't or can't seem to find the motivation.

I am a 31yr SAHM of two. A daughter who is 8 and a son who is 3 (almost 4!). I have gone back to school for an AS in Human Services. Once I do that I may get a BA, or go for something in education to teach elementary. Lots of options!

I want to loose weight so I feel more comfortable in my own skin, for my health, and to show my kids how to be healthier.
  • sarahkova
    haha HI Twin mommy! I have boy/girl twinks as well
  • Kaycurrier
    Kaycurrier Posts: 231
    I also have 100 plus to lose, thanx for starting it up!
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    I would love to join! I can't imagine how I would feel at 100 lbs down! OMG I would love it. Problem is I can't figure out how to join, someone want to direct me, I'm new here!
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    I am 75 lbs in - ultimate goal is 120lbs. I'd love all of you to add me!! I also have twins - but they are 8 now boy/girl. And I started my masters when they were 2 (finished in 26 months) you can totally do it!! Love that I saw this thread!!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Oh, me! :drinker:
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    I am 300lbs now so I have more than 100 to lose, more like 170. Eck! Oh well I've lost 8lbs so far in 4 weeks. Had a week off but for my birthday but managed to get back into this past week. Anyways, anyone can add me if they like. I'll be sticking around for awhile!! =)
  • sarahkova
    I would love to join! I can't imagine how I would feel at 100 lbs down! OMG I would love it. Problem is I can't figure out how to join, someone want to direct me, I'm new here!

all you have to do is post :) and you join :)
  • sarahkova
    I just went for a 40 minute walk with my kids...I pushed them a little bit tooo far I think :) haha I had one on my back one on my hip and holding the dog for the last 1/3 of it...well combined they are just a little over 55 lbs so almost what it was like to carry my old weight and a sack of flour and sugar around! haha

Note to self tomorrow night NOT so far! :)
  • sarahkova
    So how is everybody doing today? What are you doing for exercise?

I am did Just Dance 2. Used my HRM today since I have it I should use it right :)

Should we do some sort of challenge? and if so what should it be? any ideas?
  • Hi everyone!

I'm relatively new to MFP - joined back in May, but didn't really use it until just this month.

I really have over 150 to lose, but right now I'm aiming for a goal weight of 200, which is "just" 135 pounds away. Once I get there, I'll see about getting down to 180 or 175.

I'm pretty excited today because I weighed in for the first time since 8/1 and was almost 9# down. Considering I expected a significant gain, that definitely made my day.

Anyone who wants to chat more, feel free to add me! :)
  • sarahkova
    welcome Amanda! and congrats on that great weight loss for the month!
  • CherylsTime
    CherylsTime Posts: 11 Member
    This sounds like a great group! I sure need some inspiration. I lost 23 pounds and gained half back. Spending most of a month out of town for work did me in. I just can't get my mojo back! I have the trackers on my Droid. I wish I could get the groups there too.
  • sarahkova
    Hi CherylsTime!
    Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.