A funny moment that made you loose weight!

Options
Disclaimer: I know that this is a very emotional subject for a lot of people, due to the fact that the their reasons to lose weight are life threatening. This is in no way meant to be disrespectful to those people.(repost)
So as the tittle says a funny moment in which you decided it was enough! My entire life I've always maintained my weight and I've always exercise. At one point at was in peak physical conditions... Then I got married, and it seemed like the lady at the court said "here is your wife and here is your gut". I put on 75 lbs (not muscle) in 3 years of marriage (no she didn't cook). I got divorced, got rid of the wife but the belly somehow stayed with me. I've been on and off going to the gym but it wasn't till three weeks ago that I decided to loose the weight. What happened you ask? well, I'll tell you, 3 things.

1) First thing was, my jeans kept tearing in my crotch area! I really didn't want to understand why was that happening, so I switched brands twice before accepting the inevitable.... My fat was grinding out my jeans... They needed to be reinforced with Kevlar or I needed to lose weight...

2) There is a small wall at my father's house, that I would always leap over when I visit. I tried after 2 months of not being there due to a business trip and my right leg got caught in the wall and I landed mounted on it horseback style (no I was not wearing my jeans). I needed to use the gate like a normal person, my father needed to tear down that wall Gorbachev style or I needed to lose weight... yes boys, it hurts as much as you think it does.

3) This was the straw that broke the camel's back, I got a bruise on my belly from my belt buckle! My belly was pressing on it so hard that it bruised! I had to stop wearing belts while driving or sitting cause my gut didn't allow me! I said enough! I have no illusions of getting back to the shape I was at 23 but sure as hell want to be fit and healthy! And for crying out loud, able to wear belts!!

Share your funny story! I am sure there must be others like me!!!

20 lbs and already belts are not an issue! I have 50 to go!!! No looking back!

Replies

• BecomingMyBetterSelf
    Options
    A child at Walmart (she was probably 4 or so) told her mom and I overheard that "That lady has a really big tummy" lol it didn't make me lose weight but it was an eye opener for sure
  • cremaster
    cremaster Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Kids and there lack of filters!! Get on it Brita, this would be a huge seller...
  • cremaster
    cremaster Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What a plot twist!!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    This was in the 90's. I sold fax machines and had to deliver and set them up. I wore dress pants. Bent over to plug it in. RIP!

Then I wore skirts and bending over gave a show no one wanted to see.

It took a while, and I still struggle, but I never wanted to be that embarrassed again.
  • rickirenni
    rickirenni Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ha, I was at an amusement park riding one if those old fashioned rides ("the swings") that has wicker seats that rise as the ride spins faster. When it was over, I stood up to walk off, and the chair remained firmly on my butt and tried to walk off with me. It was mortifying but hilarious simultaneously.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't really think of most of my "fat stories" as actually being comical but I feel like after I lost my first 50-60 lb (of total 130+ weight loss) I started seeing things that had previously been an issue for me. Sitting in the small seats at a 100+ year old theater watching plays and dance performances, I would always feel pinched against my hips and thighs and while I couldn't see a bruise on my hips, I sometimes felt it. I hated a lot of office chairs with arms because they pinched or my hips kind of hung out on the sides which was embarrassing even though it was just a couple inches and more uncomfy for me than obvious (to others).

It was amazing to me how even losing 40 or 50 lb on a 300 lb person made the world so much more comfortable!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @seltzermint555 I don't know what a seltzer mint is but whatever it is, I want some. You inspire me every day and I look forward to your posts.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @seltzermint555 I don't know what a seltzer mint is but whatever it is, I want some. You inspire me every day and I look forward to your posts.

That is beyond sweet. Thank you so much!
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to driving with both hands on the wheel.. Right now *the girls* inhibit me from doing this..lol... I'm sure all large breasted women can back me up on this one!😃
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    @seltzermint555 believe it or not, you are also a heroine of mine. I study people like you intently. Sorry kinda creepy, but I like to see what makes things tick.