Anyone starting over? Gained the weight back?

Options

I lost 100 lbs and kept it off (using MFP) for years.

Then a tragic injury shattered my tibia leaving me with a long recovery and chronic pain/PTSD-like symptoms

I have gained back 50 lbs and I'm done using what happened to me as an excuse to lose myself.

I'm back in the game. Who's with me?

Replies

• VictoriaLWill
    VictoriaLWill Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bb_twins wrote: »

I lost 100 lbs and kept it off (using MFP) for years.

Then a tragic injury shattered my tibia leaving me with a long recovery and chronic pain/PTSD-like symptoms

I have gained back 50 lbs and I'm done using what happened to me as an excuse to lose myself.

I'm back in the game. Who's with me?

Yes! I lost 30 lbs a couple of years ago, its back plus 10. Started 2 weeks ago. Going to send you a friend request. You can do this!
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I lost 59 and gained it all back plus another 28 lbs. I started in February with many ups and down. At this time, I'm now down about 30. Would like to loss the rest plus 20 more to get to my goal weight.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Lost down to around 218 last year from 275 pounds but got side lined with an ankle injury and a knee injury and a vacation. Started again after a gain back up to 253 pounds. Currently down to 237 pounds. I have arthritis in multiple joints and need a couple of surgeries but still exercise.
  • bb_twins
    bb_twins Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We are weight buddies!
    You’ve got this!!
    Sending you a Friend Request :)
    Cat_A_89 wrote: »
    7 years ago I lost over 100 pounds but a change in job and depression made me gain most of it back. Im now back at it and 50 pounds less. Still have about 40/50 to lose but this time I'll get there and will stay there!
    7 years ago I lost over 100 pounds but a change in job and depression made me gain most of it back. Im now back at it and 50 pounds less. Still have about 40/50 to lose but this time I'll get there and will stay there!

• bb_twins
    Options
    Did you do low-carb last time?

judswi wrote: »
    I lost 50 and gained it all back! started again in April lost 37 so far low carb is the only one that works for me. I don't exercise because if Arthritis.

• nBiedronka
    nBiedronka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 stone back in July, then let myself stop tracking food, had larger portions and half a stone came back. Got it back off now and aiming to loose more!
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Oh man, story of my life! The same 20-22 pounds, up and down, up and down. And now that I'm in the 50's, it's getting easier to gain and harder to lose (yay menopause). I'd love to *really* have a lifestyle change but I just love Italian food/Greek food/other savory too much, and too much of them, too. I think I'm a carb addict.

But maybe this time will be different because of MFP. We are here to be each other's support team and cheerleaders, right?
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I've lost and regained the same 15lbs at least 3 times now since ultimately reaching goal in 2012 (after losing 50lbs). I'm fantastic at gaining and losing. I can't figure out moderation and maintenance...LOL

Each time I lose the weight I let myself get "relaxed" on portion sizes and weighing in. What results is tight pants and me making an excuse to just go get my "bigger pants". See, according the doctor I'm healthy. Even at my high weight I'm right smack in the middle of the healthy BMI range. But I like being lighter. But at almost 41 years old that's getting harder and harder to do.

I figure if we've lost before we know what to do. And each time I learn a little bit more about myself and my habits.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have had one attempt at significant weight loss (lost about 50 pounds a few years ago) where I gained the weight back + 10 pounds. I am about 3 pounds away from getting it all off again.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I lost weight without actively trying when I went off of my medications but quickly regained it when I went back on them due to their crazy increase in my appetite. It is such a struggle but something I am willing to deal with to be mentally healthy.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Lost 60 lbs but i've gained 25lbs. I want to lose those 25lbs plus another 15lbs which would have got me to my goal weight.
  • tamtam_nc
    tamtam_nc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lost 45lbs. a few years back with mfp. I did petty well maintaining and then I changed jobs. I went from a very active position to sitting behind a desk. I've gained back 35 of the 45...ugh! I officially started logging yesterday and know the accountability of this site will keep me on task and motivated.
  • bb_twins
    Options
    Yes, I have had one attempt at significant weight loss (lost about 50 pounds a few years ago) where I gained the weight back + 10 pounds. I am about 3 pounds away from getting it all off again.

congratulations!