What do you do for your joints?

Options
2»

Replies

• LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    What do I do for my joints? Take a walk around the corner to the recreational weed store. (Joking, I don't use cannabis. However it is legal in CA so you can get a joint at the pot store (yes I'm making a pun), or you can pick up CBD in various forms to treat joint pain.)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has helped me is strength training. I am virtually pain free and I used to walk around like I was 80! :D
  • vanillaorange2
    vanillaorange2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I take a joint complex supplement. It helps all your joints all the way around, takes a couple weeks to get into your system. But when I’m consistent with them it helps. Along with random visits to my chiropractor off and on when needed.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Knee injuries of any kind usually bring on arthritic changes earlier. I shattered my kneecap 3 years ago, it was surgically repaired, I have 2 screws in it. With great physical therapy, I healed well, and was able to do a 5K at 5 months post op! I work in a winter job where I am on my feet a lot but not moving around much. In the summers I work in a very physically active situation. I find that when I am sedentary, my knee aches more, and when I am active it rarely aches. A use-it-or-lose-it situation. Maybe a blessing in disguise to keep me active year round. I'm posting a website link that was wonderful to help me heal, my phys therapist liked it too!. Full of helpful information and exercises. (Always check with your care provider though!)

https://www.knee-pain-explained.com