advice for the gym

hi everyone.

i attend the gym 6 out of 7 days a week and i do 50-60 mins per session along with leg,arm and chest weights and in the last 6 days ive been doing the 30day shread along with it.

at the gym i do 20 min on treadmill either running at 9km/h or walking on an incline of 14 and speed of 6km/h i then do a bike ride between 4-7 miles on an expresson bike (the gears go up and down depending on the route chosen) and then ill either do 10-15 min on the epilator or latral thigh trainer.
i normally burn 800 cals a day unless i cannot attend the gym this includes the 30DS

is this enough? should i try something diffrent and what kind of results should i expect weight loss or inches??

thank you in advance.
toni

Replies

• nonca50
    nonca50 Posts: 2
    Interval training is one of the best ways to lose weight. Especially when on the treadmill. Go from walking to sprinting to jogging to running. Mix it up. Its extremely tiring, at least for me :), but it will help
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Yikes! I would say that is enough. It wore me out just reading all of that. I try to go about 5 days a week and if I can't make the gym I try to get out and walk for a minimum of 30 minutes. M, W & F I do the circuit and weight training and T & Th I do 65 minutes on the eliptical. If I stick to my routine and watch what I eat I have been averaging about 2 pounds a week.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    I would say that mixing up your current routine would not hurt. Check out some of the classes at the gym. My gym has amazing teachers and the classes are a mix of men and women of all shapes, sizes, and ages. Very supportive environment.

This way you'll be adding something new to your routine 2-3 days per week in place of the normal routine. Spice it up, learn something new, and focus on trying a class that is a full body workout.
  • arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    The treadmills and elliptical machines are great for calorie burning alone. If you want to get to the lean, sexy shape, I would recommend mixing in some plyometrics, isometrics, and calisthenics (those are all just fancy words for "body weight exercises"). They are often very hard to do though, especially the plyometric stuff. Look up on youtube under body weight exercises, and plyometric workouts, you should be able to find some stuff you can do that will get you in shape. "Bodyrock" by Zuzana is one of my favorites.

P.S. I hope I'm not coming off as talking down. I got in a major freeze at the gym where I was using all the machines and plateaued badly. It was when I was introduced to these categories and started studying them I started seeing results.
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Make sure you are switching it up at the gym as well. You don't want to get bored with your workout. I usually change routines about once a month. I am actually starting Weight Training next month at college and I am really looking forward to it.