intresting ground turkey recipes..

Options
Anyone have any? I need somethin new? Bored with all the normal "replace ground beef" recipes?! Please share any intresting recipes u may have, thank u :)

Replies

• CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm interested too...
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at a pound of ground turkey sitting in my freezer wondering what to do with it! I will check back here for some ideas, too. :)
  • TinyTina2012
    Options
    We made tacos with ground turkey. Not sure if that counts as interesting, but it's the first time we tried it and we thought it was delicious!!

Here is the recipe I found: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/NU00467
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I took a pound of ground turkey, added 3 stocks celery diced, threw in 1 tsp dried mustard, 1 tbsp diced onion, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp white pepper, and a 1/4 tsp curry. Mixed it all up with 1 egg and made it into pattys. I cooked them on low until done and then tossed them in the fridge. I enjoyed them for lunch for several days. (If you wanted to increase the serving size, you could add in 2-3 slices of moistened bread when you add the egg. Then you can make meatballs or meatloaf or use it as the filling for stuffed peppers, or cook it as ground beef to use for the base of a shepards pie.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I make turkey patties. I guess they can be called burgers but they are meant to be eaten without a bun. I saute mushrooms and onions together and add it to the ground turkey. Add seasonings and shape into round or oblong patties. The original recipe calls for you to cook in oil but I bake them to save on fat and cals. The original recipe can be found here:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/turkey-and-wild-mushroom-meat-loaf-patties-with-pan-gravy-recipe/index.html

I modify to suit my needs/tastes.
  • wxkris
    wxkris Posts: 57
    Options
    My friend made these and they were sooo good. You can modify the recipe according to your taste/what you have in your kitchen:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spicy-Turkey-Burgers/Detail.aspx
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This is my newest thing. Lots of zucchini around this time of year, and luckily i love it.

Take a large zucchini, and cut in good sized chunks, put in pan
    add 1 large chunkily chopped onion, (red, or white)
    1 can stewed tomatoes, juice and all (broken up, or diced type)
    I like to add a big spoon of minced garlic, and some italian seasoning, but you could go the mexican route also
    Cover, cook on high till bubbling, then turn down low till zucchini is tender. You might have to add a little liquid, depending how much was in your tomatoes. Don't let the pan get dry.
    Add the cooked ground meat, serve with a dollop of sour cream, or plain yogert on top.
  • mitchellsmama
    Options
    This is my favorite thing to do with griound turkey...

1 lb. ground turkey breast
    1 can corn (drained)
    1 can chickpea/garbanzo beans (drained)
    1 can diced chili’s (for spice, you can omit this)
    2 c. cooked whole grain rice
    Salt and pepper to season

In large skillet on med/high heat, brown turkey (no need to use oil in pan). Meanwhile, begin making the rice as directed on the package. Once turkey is browned, add corn, chickpea, and chilis. Continue to cook on medium-low until rice is done, stirring occasionally. Once rice is finished, put the rice in the skillet with the remaining ingredients and season to your liking.

I eat this 2 ways: I heat up a few tortillas and eat it as a fajita or I just eat it straight out of a bowl. This is a great dish to have in the fridge so when you get hungry you can heat up a cup and snack on it. Or eat it as a meal, as I usually do! It has low calories and is filling!

Enjoy!