when will people start noticing???

Options
well ive lost 11.5lbs so far and so far only my mother has noticed that ive lost weight. just wondering how long it took for you??

ive started the 30day shread and i workout at the gym 6/7 days a week so im hoping this is going to help change my shape.

Replies

• arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Options
    I lost about 15 before anyone said anything about it. Actually, my weight loss was quite noticeable by the time I had lost 10 lbs, but my coaches first commented on it (they were the first) when I hit 15.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    When you bust out the new clothes, gal! But I personally would wait to shop until you're closer to your goal weight.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    it took about 20 before anyone started saying anything and before I started to notice
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    for me it was pretty quick, but mostly the people at the gym, where I wear mostly stretchy clothes
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    it took about 30 lbs. for someone to look at me and go, hey, you lost weight. everyone is different though. i think someone who has not seen you in a while will notice first. it took 60 lbs. for my dad to finally say you look smaller.
  • claguna23
    Options
    when i first lost weight i think nobody noticed til i lost 20 lbs or they just didn't want to tell me anything sooner to avoid an awkward conversation.
  • hkrosez
    hkrosez Posts: 53
    Options
    I have lost 8, and no has noticed either. :( I would think they would since I have such a small frame, anyway. Oh well.... I'll keep losing until someone actually does notice... even if that means going below my goal weight. lol
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 20 lbs lost and my husbands Mom and Grandmother noticed. I haven't seen them in about 6 months though. A lot of my family knows I'm trying to lose weight, but I see them at least once a week so they don't really notice since it's been so gradual.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    25-30 lbs was when everyone started to notice. The changes become apparent in the face.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your starting weight, your body type and where/how the fat comes off. I know that I was losing weight "from the outside in", meaning it was coming off my forearms, feet and lower legs first. After I lost my first 5 pounds my forearms were noticeably tiny. I lost 25 pounds total before I got pregnant and it was definitely noticeable in pictures. I'm a stay at home mom and don't have a lot of friends right now but the changes were apparent to my husband.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different - I had some people notice and comment at 15 l bs, and I"ve had some people wait until I hit 50 before saying anything.
  • sandislim
    sandislim Posts: 264
    Options
    no one really noticed when I lost 2 1/2 stone a few years ago, or if they did they didn't say - I put 2 stone back on and I've just lost nearly half of that again - but no one has noticed yet. Some people notice but don't say for whatever reasons.
  • Sarw27
    Sarw27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Depends how big you are to start with and where the weight is coming off. The bigger you are the less visible each pound is.

I'm quite big and have only lost 14lbs so far, but when I was at 12lbs a co-worker mentioned noticing it in my waist. This is the last place I gained and I'm not super large there so I'm assuming all my weight is coming off of there first thus why it's a little bit noticable.
  • tinastanley
    tinastanley Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For me it wasn't until I lost around 20 lbs before people starting to say something to me.
  • sarahwebb81
    Options
    I've lost about 18 lbs so far, and so far only my boyfriend has noticed. It's a little disappointing, but i try not to let it bother me. I've noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit me, and that's enough motivation for me to keep going. People will notice eventually. Just keep doing what you're doing!
  • sassycurlzss
    sassycurlzss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20-25 lbs I'm up and down right now like crazy! I've also lost like 4.5" waist, 4.5" on hips! And no one has said a darn thing! Except my family that hasn't seen me in 6 months. But no one else! It's crazy! Don't know if they don't want to offend me!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    when i first lost weight i think nobody noticed til i lost 20 lbs or they just didn't want to tell me anything sooner to avoid an awkward conversation.

Exactly! Some people worry that weight loss is a sign of illness!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I've lost 18 so far and people are just starting to notice.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It took about 10 pounds then people noticed. Actually, once I dropped the 10, I actually had people asking what my secret was and when I told them it's MFP I had a few people join up and they're on track doing great too!