Feeling stuck

Options
I keep losing and gaining the same 10lbs over and over again... my goal of losing 40lbs just seems impossible sometimes. I know if I could just be consistent with tracking my portions it would end this cycle of lose/gaining the same 10lbs. Anyone else struggle with this? Or have in the past? If so how’d you get past it?!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Options
    Consistently tracking is how it gets the job done. Honestly. Lots of peeps here have amazing successful stories by tracking their intake.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    Make sure that your calorie deficit isn't too big. When I tried to cut too much, to lose weight quickly, it always backfired. I simply couldn't stick to a really limited diet. Find a way of eating that you can stick to in the long term. It's better to lose 1/2 a pound a week over a year then to lose 5 pounds in two weeks, then gain it back the next two.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    ^^Agree with above. If it’s too difficult, find a way to make it easier, which probably translates to decrease your deficit.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I stopped thinking about dieting and started thinking about eating.

Eating is required for living.

MFP helps me figure out how much eating I need to meet my weight goals, and then it helps me figure out how much eating I need to do to maintain my weight.

For me, I Found a way to eat healthy foods that taste good to me - I cook as much as possible to reduce cost - and use the MFP app with a scale to weigh and log my food all the time, every time, forever. I eat out once in a while, I have a drink with friends occaisionally and i eat cake , too, dagnabit! And i log it all so I know what I’m doing and can’t hide.

Good luck to you, and good fitness to us all!
  • Jrswfe
    Jrswfe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m new to this and your stories are so motivating. I was stuck in between gaining & losing the same weight. Now I can barely eat anything because my appetite is gone. I have to force myself to eat and I barely meet my 2,000 calories.