Re-new

Options
Was faithful user, lost 45 lbs. Then: Christmas, a knee injury, another knee injury, third knee injury, total knee replacement. I have lost my drive after gaining back 18 lbs. BUT...I am determined. Knee is not 100% but getting better everyday. My 2 biggest issues are portion control and eating before bedtime. I truly do love food taste, texture, aroma, colors, and have a difficult time stopping until the food is gone. I can go without eating and be fine but once I start it's as if I can't get enough. Finished dinner? Grab a snack. Let the dog out, grab a snack. Get a water, grab a snack. Even when no longer hungry I will nibble.
When I am anywhere but home I don't eat at night but when home I am compelled to eat before heading to bed. I have tried many "tricks": brush and floss, notes on fridge door, have hubby hide snacks, go upstairs away from kitchen, don't buy snacks (I'll nuke a frozen meal or eat a can of tuna), drink water...still having problems. Suggestions are welcome.
Anyway, this is where I'm at today. Thank you for listening.
Mary

Replies

• tranquilgarden14
    tranquilgarden14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We are kindred spirits. But I am determined to get the monkey off my back. I have been listening to Phit and Phat podcasts for motivation. You can sign up with them for free. Congratulations on taking the first step with joining MFP. If you need a buddy for the journey friend me. Have a blessed day and Great job getting started! 👏
  • mek814
    mek814 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This gets more difficult every time I restart. Physically I've lost endurance, flexibility, ease of movement, and its more than frustrating. But I press on and try to focus on the positives.
    Thanks for the info on Phit and Phat. Never heard of them but I googled it and I'm going to give it a try.
    Stay positive!