new pregnant mom staying in shape

Options
Hi. I just joined myfitnesspal, and I was hoping to connect with other expectant moms that are trying to stay in shape. I did a lot of running a cycling before becoming pregnant, and now at 22 weeks I still try to jog 2-3 miles a day to keep good cardiovascular health. I'm curently 21 weeks along and have gained 8 lbs so I'm right on track. :-D

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Best of luck to you!!
  • kittycatsss
    Options
    Thanks. :-)
  • BelgianLady
    Options
    Well done to you! Its amazing that you still do quite heavy exercise at week 20, wow.

I'm also pregnant with twins, week 27 and so far gained 16 pounds, most of them since week 18-20. I had to stop running very early as nausea or shortness of breath would make it impossible.

Weight gain accelerates though as the weeks pass by, so I signed up on this website to better monitor food breakdown into the different required nutrients and calories. Exercising is getting impossible. Also because of anemia and other deficiencies. Now i'm doing light stuff like gardening, walking or decorating the house, staying active most of the day though.

Good luck to you and keep posting!
  • capncurry
    Options
    Well done, looking good !
  • ldykema
    Options
    I think you both will like the Pregnant, Fit & Fabulous forum, it has a lot of pregnant women who are trying to stay in shape throughout the pregnancy! Good luck to both of you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332498-fit-fabulous-and-pregnant-september-2011?hl=pregnant&page=3#posts-4478183