Coffee... So good... Yet so bad!

Options
2»

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I use splenda and almond or soy milk when I drink coffee.. I don't drink it very often though!
  • ckspores
    ckspores Posts: 52
    Options
    The best thing I ever did was learn to love a good, quality cup of black coffee.

Not only was I ruining the good coffee with sugar and creamer, I was adding a lot of unnecessary calories to my day.
  • comcatee
    comcatee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    adding cinnamon in with the grounds is a great idea and is really delicious. i started drinking mine black because i was too lazy to put in creamer and sugar before class and i just got used to it... now coffee with creamer and sugar tastes wayyy too sweet and i have to have it black and bitter :)
  • Soultwist
    Soultwist Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I drank sugared coffee from age 2 to age 30, didn't think it would ever be possible to drink it without it. Got serious about trying to cut the calories and found after about 2 weeks of drinking it every day with Equal I couldn't even drink it with real sugar anymore. A few years later I did the same way from Equal to black. Would never consider going back at this point.
  • bassettpig
    bassettpig Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Learn to love the taste of good coffee with nothing in it. :drinker:

This. Slowly wean yourself off the sugar. Make sure you are buying truly good quality coffee and plain coffee w/cream will be a delight to you! (I speak from experience--no more cheap crappy coffee that has to be doused with sugar and sugary flavored "creamers" in order to be palatable!)
  • thatdude3
    Options
    i drink a lot of coffee, so much that it is probably easier to count pots instead of cups. Coffee itself, calorie wise, is not bad for you but everything people add to it adds to the calories. One cup of black coffee has something like 1 calorie in it. try to slowly cut back on sugar or go to something like splenda until you can get used to drinking it black. I sometimes add a little Starbucks sugar free syrup but i prefer plain black coffee.