Female Figure and Fitness Competition

Options
HELLO!

Has anyone on here done figure or fitness competitions? Is anyone a fitness model?

If so, I would really like some advice on getting started along the path to super-muscles! Anything you can tell me would be awesome.

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    go to bodybuilding.com..the ladies on the female forums are very knowledgable and half are fitness models/competitors
  • slp2112
    slp2112 Posts: 107
    Options
    One of my friends, Angel1029, just did her first. She's in crazy ridiculous shape. She's super nice and always candid when answering questions - try talking to her! Good luck!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    HELLO!

Has anyone on here done figure or fitness competitions? Is anyone a fitness model?

If so, I would really like some advice on getting started along the path to super-muscles! Anything you can tell me would be awesome.

doing my 1st Ms. Bikini competition in November. Have a trainer, nutrionist and coach. Note to others, never ask your 10 year old if they think you have abs...
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Im 4 weeks out from my first INBA Ms Novice Figure comp......Add me as a friend and we can have a chat!! I love it, train hard, eat super clean and reap the rewards!
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    One of my friends, Angel1029, just did her first. She's in crazy ridiculous shape. She's super nice and always candid when answering questions - try talking to her! Good luck!

Thank you!!!! You are the sweetest!

Feel free to message me, I'll try to answer as much as I can

Angel
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I plan on entering my first competition next summer. I have been getting a lot of information on bodybuilding.com and from T Nation. However, the Figure Athlete section is under construction, so the resources can't be accessed at the moment. Feel free to friend me, I am still in the research stages, but my trainer wants me twice a week starting in January! Best of luck!!
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You guys look amazing!! I am curious too!! I may never get to the competion point, but would certainly love to look like I do!!
  • jereedy1089
    jereedy1089 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would love some tips as well!

I am 22 years old and currently weigh 190 pounds, i have lost 8 pounds in a month and a half through diet alone. I am looking to burn the fat off with cardio workouts but also build lean visible muscles. I did make my own workout last week and three of those days I focused on a specific muscle group and incorporated circuit training, it was tough but very effective!

Any tips on how to lose fat and build lean muscle mass would be awesome and appreciated ladies!!!
  • katertot98
    Options
    I am 3 weeks out from my first figure show (NPC Daytona Beach Classic), and have a second one planned in October if all goes well (I've held the diet and training this long, what's a couple more weeks??). Feel free to friend me as well, this is hard work and good support is very important :)
  • JessicaRaeD
    Options
    Doing my first figure comp October 8 so 4.5 weeks away I'll do my best to answer what I can feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • Jessp101
    Options
    I'm training for my first bikini fitness competition in April 2012. Feel free to add me as a friend! :-)