Have you went into a store just to try on clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Oh I do it all the time. I go through all the racks and pick things out in my new size and leave the fitting room attendant with a hundred things to put away. It's the best feeling ever. LOL
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have so done this! This is one of my fears that I feel the need to face. I have shed too many dresisng room tears, now let them be tears of joy. *whispers ~ I have even taken pictures in the clothes I try on to help keep me motivated* :blushing:
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this yet - but I sure will.....
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I did the other day, It was nice to see I am almost into a size 10. I am wearing 12's 14's and some 16's all but the twelves are to big. I am waiting until I go down another 10 pounds before I start buying clothes
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    this back fires on me I go in with a plan to only try on and end up leaving with alot of bags lmbo but it is great fun
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Yep. I did this all the time when I was losing weight. Like you, I didn't have the money to constantly replace clothes - so I would go into stores and try on smaller sizes -- just because I wanted to see where I was.

I'm at my goal weight and maintaining my weight -- and do you know that my work clothes are too big? I'm too cheap to buy work clothes - so I use belts. lol. I guess at some point I need to buy SOMETHING that fits me for work. ;)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    As you are in between sizes my advice is to go to a local thrift store if you need some basics and you don't want to spend a lot. Then you can always donate them back when you move to a smaller size (make sure to pick one with a good charitable cause not a for-profit corporation).
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    yeah, i started having people ask me what size i was so i went in a store to find out.
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a clothing store. Like so many stores, they had a plus size section with ugly clothes and the cute clothes only went up to size 18 at most. I wore a 20 or 22 at the time. But I found an outfit that I like that was an 18. And I kept trying it on until it fit! When it fit, I bought it. And by that time, I could afford it too because it was on clearance! LOL
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i do this ALL THE TIME, i would love to buy them but its just not in my budget, it feels so good to try them on, when i reach my goal thats when i will start buying new clothes again,
  • fromtheashes
    fromtheashes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time! I also take pictures of myself in said clothes so that I can document my progress. I wonder if people ever wonder about the camera sounds coming from my change room? :)
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I keep almost doing this. I am a little afraid I won't be down a size. I am waiting for me to be 100% sure I will fit in a 14, and then if I happen to fit in a 12 awesome.
  • jnd951999
    jnd951999 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it's nice to know I'm not alone!!
  • jnd951999
    jnd951999 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's too funny! Keep it up girl!!
    I do this all the time! I also take pictures of myself in said clothes so that I can document my progress. I wonder if people ever wonder about the camera sounds coming from my change room? :)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Definitely a great motivation idea! Thanks for posting.
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do it too, I did it before I started losing weight!!
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    No, but I go into my closet in the 'skinny' section and see what fits now :)

There is no better feeling than taking a whole slew of clothes and putting them in the goodwill pile because they are too big now, and getting to wear clothes that I thought I'd never get into again.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    last night- Target. :tongue: Didn't buy anything just wanted to see..
  • takm0527
    takm0527 Posts: 53
    Options
    Not yet...but I enjoyed going through a bunch of smaller sized clothes I had put away and finding that they fit! I was doing a happy jig every time I was able to zip up something!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!