Anyone doing Fasting Mimicking Diet or Longevity diet

Options
Hi, I just started following Valter Longo's diet to regain my healthy self again. Anyone else doing this

Replies

• serogakononov
    serogakononov Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m doing intermittent fasting eating once a day with a water fast once every other week.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    What is that diet in the title?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Nope. You don't need to buy anything to lose weight, and you don't have to do a very low cal diet, even for a short time. And the evidence it does anything for your health is sketchy at best.
  • patwalsh1414
    patwalsh1414 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynda, the diet is called the Longevity diet. It is (mainly) plantbased and includes a few mild fasting cycles per year. It is based on years of scientific research.
    For more info read the book or check: https://valterlongo.com
    Hi kimny, I agree that we don't need to buy anything special to lose weight, and I won't.
    Hi Serogakononov, I did OMAD in the past. What I liked about it was that I didn't have so many cravings anymore and that you only have to bother about food once a day.
    Thank you all for you reply.
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started following Valter Longo's diet to regain my healthy self again. Anyone else doing this
    Hi Pat
    I just thought I’d search on MFP for the diet. I’m on it on round 2 day 5. I don’t buy the Prolon, mine is a DIY.
    I know it’s a while since you posted but did you keep it up?
    Regards
    Jacqui2494