Anyone starting over? Gained the weight back?

Options
2»

Replies

• vynnette26
    vynnette26 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I lost 30lbs then gained 50lbs :s now i'm back at it
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds ten years ago, I was in a healthy weight range and within 10 pounds of my UGW and then life happened and I gained all but 20 back. I yo yo’d up and down for a few years and then I got extremely depressed a few years ago and gained another 25 pounds over my previous all time high.

I’m finally back on track, I’ve lost about 12 pounds from my highest weight and I’m feeling really motivated. I don’t want to spend my 30s obese like I did most of my 20s.
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Lost 50 pounds, back to goal weight. Gained 80 lbs during 2 back-to-back pregnancies (so at least I got two wonderful children out of it :smiley: ) I'm aiming for a higher goal weight this time so I have 70 lbs to lose.

I guess I could have been more careful about weight gain during pregnancy but, ya know, ... life. I think if I had logged during the pregnancies that could have helped though since I'm an emotional eater and my pregnancies affected my appetite as well.
  • BecomingMoreAwesome
    BecomingMoreAwesome Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I lost 49 pounds, and over the last 2 years I’ve gained back 8. I think I psyched myself out being simultaneously close to a 50 pound loss and only 10% over a healthy weight range. I also let some uncomfortable situations and people take up too much space in my head.
  • ajc109
    ajc109 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lost 56lbs about 5 years ago and then moved in with my other half, got a job + new friends, went out to eat a lot and took advantage of having extra money. Have gained the 56lbs back plus another 20 or so. Been back on MFP for about 6 weeks and lost 9lbs so far.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I like to think of it as a lifelong journey with peaks and valleys, so I'm never truly starting over. With that said, at my lowest weight I was 149.8lbs. Over the course of a year and a half I crept up to 178lbs. That's when I decided to buckle down and get this weight back off. I'm now down to 164.2lbs.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 in a year but gained back 20 the next year. Working on losing that 20 plus another 20 to get to my goal. We can do it!
  • Timlah
    Timlah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lost 120lbs a few years ago, gained it all back due to job changes (travel is dangerous) and moving home three times in the space of two years. Lost 2 stone again in a few months, but this time I'm focusing much more on strength training. My fiancé has already noticed the difference in muscle, so there's that at least :blush: Good luck to everyone who's doing it again! We've done it before, we can do it again :smile:
  • hanscanlan
    hanscanlan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yup. Totally did that. Lost 65 lbs 4 years ago. Got back to MFP and exercising on July 10th. Of this years. Lost 20. It’s hard to get excited though about getting back to where I was. So I’ve stalled a bit.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Yep, lost 37lbs then over the last 9 months gained 27lbs back after going through a medical concern that left me in a really negative head space. Still getting myself out of my funk and trying to make better choices and ease back into the lower calories.
  • ldrag07444
    ldrag07444 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use to be 145 lbs many years back. right now I am about 132 according to the drs scale but I weigh myself every Thursday and go by that number to keep track, which is 127. I've yoyo'd up to let's say 128 (my scale number) and then something clicks in my head that I need to get back down. I was about 123. It's hard even if you only have 5 lbs to lose, but I try not to get as bad as 145. For me, it's a blood pressure issue. I have to try to maintain the best I could. Oh by the way, I am only 5' so I'm not slim at all. As I get older, of course it gets more difficult. I know what I'm doing. No cake, candy, but I've picked up eating some carbs like pretzels again and If we have a party, forget it! I dive into the chips and dip. I have an addiction to these kind of carbs and sugars so that's dangerous for me. Everyday, I start a new day with trying my best to get back on it and hopefully, one of these days, I will!
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Yes, lost 60 gained back 24, working on losing it again now it’s kind of a bummer having to relose it but I know what to do now at least
  • indianbeasley
    indianbeasley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    judswi wrote: »
    I lost 50 and gained it all back! started again in April lost 37 so far low carb is the only one that works for me. I don't exercise because if Arthritis.

I have arthritis also and fibromyalgia. it gets hard but I am going to start exercising. it does help. just do what you can. even if you have to sit and do it. 😀
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Yes - been erratic for 3 years. Gained 30+ lbs 3 years ago from rotator cuff injury and surgery, which I lost. 2 years ago I had bunion surgery and a joint replacement in my big toe.....gained 20 during the recovery and ultimately lost that. Was inactive with the joint replacement and developed other issues with the same foot. In June I had the big toe artificial joint removed and my ankle realigned. Once again I’m struggling to lose the 20+ pounds I gained during recovery. Most of the 20+ lbs has settled in my hips and abdomen, so it’s a challenge to get rid of. Incidentally, I just turned 70. Each year it seems harder to take off. I started exercising in August and lost about 10 lbs,, but the remainder is stubborn, particularly the belly fat.
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Right here!
    I was overweight as a teen. I lost probably 50 lbs into my adulthood.
    Have been pregnant 5 times in last 8 years and I have gained and lost that 50 (plus more!) so many times.

It’s exhausting. But I’ll never be pregnant again, and I know exactly how to get the weight off so I’m back in the game too!

Now I just have to figure maintenance out, whenever I get there ;)
  • FlowerWay
    FlowerWay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those of you who are back on track and staying focused! So inspirational to read through your posts.

I lost 100+ pounds 2005-2007 and kept it off for a few years... but then had a baby and gained it all back within the first 3 years after the baby's birth, and then added 40 more.... I've been (VERY slowly) losing the weight again since 2016 - down 40+ lbs so far - but I have 100+ to go! Deciding to come back into this full-time and see if I can do the 100+ weight loss path again. (hopefully a little faster than 1 lb per month!) :smiley:
  • simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Lost 20 in college, then between trying to and getting pregnant, gained about 30. So far I’m down 15 since bringing baby home (10 months), and have 10-15 to my goal.