what is your calorie level?

Options
How did you choose your calorie level?

Have you changed it since being here?

I was at 1300 and I changed mine to 1200. then if I go over by less than 100, I don't feel guilty.

Mental thing.

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Mines at whatever the automated thingy ays, but I rarely eat more than 1200 net
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

I've bopped around a lot lol I upped mine because I was too tired and read a lot about 1200 or less being way too little. I feel great and have lost more this way.
    =]
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I chose it based on the macros I need to hit and don't count the calories
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    How did I choose my calorie level? Well, I did a bunch of research and then I played around with the numbers until I got the results that I wanted.

I currently consume 2200-2500 net calories a day and I am maintaining 143-145lbs (today I was 145lbs).

I've changed it many times in this journey while trying to hit on the right numbers for ME.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    My trainer set mine I am between 1100-1200 per day.
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    it has me at 1310 here. trainer told me below 1350 so that's what I aim for whether I exercise or not
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    1400 net.
    i eat my exercise calories.
  • ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    doing some research and looking at the what my body needs to maintain was between 2100-2300 calories a day. so from there i figured if i wanted to lose 2 pounds a week if have to have a 1000 cal deficit. so i try to have 1200-1400 cals a day and if i exercise i try to eat half the cals back.
  • ayesha30
    ayesha30 Posts: 43
    Options
    Mines was set to 1300 at one time and I changed it because I found myself hungry all the time and later found out that based on my activity level, size, and the amount of weight I wanted to lose I could eat 1590 and thats been working fine for me!:happy:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I've kept mine from just above my BMR to, now, 200 cals under maintenance. So my range has been 1400 - 1650.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    mine is 1440 before exercise (I do eat my exercise cals.) and is what mfp suggests to loose 1pound per week for me and yes I have changed it when I first started I had it set to loose 1.5pounds per week but since I have dropped 30pounds and am within a pound or two of being out of the obese catagory I desided it was time to up my calories and change to the 1pound a week as that seemed more relistic at this point I will mostlikly change it to .5pounds per week when I get closer to hitting a healthy BMI
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I still have a TON to lose..well..actually 70 maybe. I'm only 5'1" and I'm at 1200. I also eat my exercise calories.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Coming from having done the old WW points system, I had it in my head that going over a bit here and there wouldn't impact me much because they had a weekly allowance built in which took care of little slip ups. So when I first set up my account with a 1 pound per week goal (which gave me 1600+ per day), I found it wasn't quite right for my way of thinking. I lost a few pounds initially but stalled out after a few weeks.

After a little thought and research, I upped my goal to 1.5 pounds per week so my daily calories were a bit lower (about 1300 per day) and I could still lose about a pound per week if I did go over a bit here and there. It's kind of like when you set your alarm clock to show the time 20 minutes faster than reality so it allows you to hit snooze a few times wihtout cutting into your morning routine. Just a mind game I need to play with myself so I don't feel too restricted.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options

My nutritionist would smack your trainer. Is that gross or net calories??
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    1350 and I workout 6 days a week and I eat every bit of my exercise calories.
  • shandibrooke
    Options
    mines low but its gone up since i joined. yay. :)
  • shandibrooke
    Options
    How did I choose my calorie level? Well, I did a bunch of research and then I played around with the numbers until I got the results that I wanted.

I currently consume 2200-2500 net calories a day and I am maintaining 143-145lbs (today I was 145lbs).

I've changed it many times in this journey while trying to hit on the right numbers for ME.

how do you eat this much?!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    mines low but its gone up since i joined. yay. :)

that is nothing, I top 3000... And from all the post about plateau, you will realize that all those people don't eat enough. It is extremely rare to actually only need 1200 calories. People do it because they don't know better. And I can provide the math to prove this theory.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I try to net 1750 but end up averaging around 2000 net. So yeah, I eat between 1800 and 2500.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

My nutritionist would smack your trainer. Is that gross or net calories??

I agree. most trainers are actually fairly dumb and uneducated. Most don't realize the science behind this.