Looking for an accountability partner to lose 15 pounds

Options
Hi there, I am a 44yo mom of two trying to lose 15 pounds that are keeping me from my ideal body. I am not overweight per se, but I have been dissatisfied for years. I am active and love to work out; I just have entrenched bad habits around food. I would love to find one or more accountability partners who may be in a similar situation. Bit plus if you're a mom who has a sweet tooth :).

Replies

• lizramir
    lizramir Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ohh yeah chocolate, cheesecake mmmm.. I'm trying to loose 20 pounds and keep it off!! The first few days are rough but it's not impossible going on two weeks the longer you go the better!plus I am trying to change my eating not iliminate completely dessert because that's not realistic but eat more healthy and less dessert/chips.....You can do it!!
  • glafleur
    glafleur Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    mrsjkff wrote: »
    Hi there, I am a 44yo mom of two trying to lose 15 pounds that are keeping me from my ideal body. I am not overweight per se, but I have been dissatisfied for years. I am active and love to work out; I just have entrenched bad habits around food. I would love to find one or more accountability partners who may be in a similar situation. Bit plus if you're a mom who has a sweet tooth :).

I’ll be your partner! I’m trying to lose 31lbs in the next 4 months. I’m also not necessarily overweight but I am according to my BMI. I started my weight loss journey on Monday and I’m trying to stay strong. One week down, and I’m just taking it day by day. I switched to. High protein diet and hop on the peloton bike everyday. Tracking my meals, calories and macros is helping already. Let’s do this together 🙂

SW: 141
    GW: 110
    CW: 137.4

• alicebowie1
    alicebowie1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would love to join in, I'm a 37 year-old mother of two, very busy with kids, work and school but want to make time to exercise and maybe stop eating so many unhealthy things at work!

SW: 181
    GW: 140
    CW: 179
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Should we make this a party of five? :D My goal is weight loss in stages. Frankly, I'm SO tired of going up and down the scale. Like you I am active and I love working out. I am also not a big eater...so I tend to lose weight at a decent rate. Like "glafleur"...I don't really see myself as overweight but according to BMI charts I am. I know I would feel much better at my max BMI. I started my weight loss journey (again!) on September 10th and I'm happy with what I have accomplished so far. :)

SW: 180
    GW: 162 (this cycle...would love to reach for mid November but could be unrealistic)
    CW: 175
  • justineismoney
    justineismoney Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Would love to join too. I had two under 2 and my youngest is almost 4 months. I’ve been exercising and lost all but the last 10, but diet, especially at night, is a challenge. Last night I ate a third of the Costco size bag of kettle corn 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • PumpkinAndPecans
    PumpkinAndPecans Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a friend in the same boat. I'm a 46 yr old mom. Sweets, check. Need to eat healthy and exercise, check. 15+5 lbs to lose 😉
    Besides the age, it is like I'm looking in a mirror!

Please send me a FR if that is what you a looking for. I wasn't sure if this was just a discussion board join or looking for friends. I'm looking for friends to have on my news feed. Hope to hear from you!!
  • frankiebutler555
    frankiebutler555 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m a. Bit late to the October party but I would like to join too! Mum, 45, need to lose 15 by Xmas 😀
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Mum of 3 here. Have 6kg ish to lose by 15th December as I prepare for a muscle repair and tummy tuck. I've paid a deposit which I will lose if I don't meet my weight target and therefore cancel!

Current weight - 71.2kg as at today
    Target weight- 65kg - ideally a little bit less
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need/want to lose the 7 pounds I've slowly let creep back on over the last year or so. I'm also a mom and love sweets. Request sent.
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I have reached some success! :) I last posted on October 5th. Last Tuesday...after exactly four weeks...or one month...I reached a reasonable goal! I lost one additional pound and 4 inches. The largest loss was one inch from my hips. I lost 1/2 inch from other key areas. Bust, waist, thighs, neck. And a little bit here and there. :) I also increased my goal weight for this current cycle a few pounds. So now...these are my stats. I'll report again next month...November 8th.

SW: 180 on September 10th/19
    GW: 166 for November 12th/19
    CW: 174 on October 8th/19

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS IN ONE MONTH....6 POUNDS AND 4 INCHES :p

• MissPiggy92
    MissPiggy92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs, looking to lose about another 15 to reach my ideal weight, feel free to add me :) I need motivation to keep it going.