Over 60’s and here I am.

Restarting! My daughter is doing this also so hopefully we can support each other in our journey. It’s good to see so many others on here!

Replies

• lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    Glad you’re back! Always good to have family support. I restarted a bit over a month ago and after a slow start am now making progress thanks to MFP community challenges and support. It works!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Welcome back lots of us on here in our 60's. Many of us reached our goal too which hopefully is encouraging to you.
  • Olblueiiii
    Olblueiiii Posts: 43 Member
    Yes, welcome back. It's great that you and your daughter will have each other for support. Both my big sister and little sister are here with me. I'm 66 and starting back after being out of commission for 16 months. If you're looking for more support, you're welcome to add me. Best of luck to you.
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    edited September 2019
    Everyone in my family who I told about this, loses at least 12 pounds doing it. I am 60 and am starting out again.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Welcome back! Lots of support here !
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome back! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Welcome, I started back last year, am 65 and made goal this year. Much success to you and your daughter.
  • 1Mombly
    1Mombly Posts: 3 Member
    welcome, also in my 60's and i have used this for years, just came back when I saw the scale moving up a little
    I had a long time getting over a plateau and this reminds me. My first time on here 9 years ago i lost almost 80 for my daughters wedding and about 2 years in i got a little lazy, gotta remember its a lifestyle and its so much harder with out a target date. Please feel free to add me, I too can use the support.
  • dianahajen1
    dianahajen1 Posts: 19 Member
    67 here...just started a month ago...finding the support helpful
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,243 Member
    Slowly, slowly getting there with my weight loss, not 60 but coming 57 next month but married to a 69 year old young man. Fed up with my lack of exercise due to a bad knee and hip. You can add me if you want I can try to support you.
  • kerrysjunk
    kerrysjunk Posts: 7 Member
    Hello from Australia. Nudging 60 and wondering what it like over that mark. Reply when convenient. Thanks from Kerry in Oz. Your man from "down under".
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    kerrysjunk wrote: »
    Hello from Australia. Nudging 60 and wondering what it like over that mark. Reply when convenient. Thanks from Kerry in Oz. Your man from "down under".

Speaking only for myself, 63 feels pretty excellent: Retired; having fun; 19 years past stage III cancer diagnosis; 17 years a happy on-water rower despite some physical issues; 4 years at a healthy weight after decades of obesity, since signing on to MFP in 2015 despite hypothyroidism. Happiness after 60 is partly luck, partly what a person makes of his/her circumstances, I think. :drinker:

Best wishes for much success, to all on this thread!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited October 2019
    I am here everyday for mutual support! Add me if you would like a friend! I am 67 and pre diabetic!
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    kerrysjunk wrote: »

I am approaching the midway point of my "sixth decade". My 60s began well enough as I was fortunate enough to have had a job that allowed me to retire at 60 with pension and full benefits. However, things really slowed down and were very affected by deteriorating joints (hips) and diminished mobility, all of which were perpetuated by my denial and resistance to appropriate care. Well, I finally broke through that late last year and had hip replacements the first part of 2019. Once through my rehab and PT, things began to roll! I've started exercising regularly and I am no longer hesitant to get out and around. I have taken three road trips. I might get one more in before winter. I have gone to a couple ballgames and concert and look ahead to more of that. Finally, my disposition and demeanor (aren't they one in the same? 🤣) has been brighter than it has been in a long time!
  • bclarkfl
    bclarkfl Posts: 3 Member
    Welcome back, and same here on the starting back at 61. Was doing great when I lived in Key West in 2017, lost 35lbs with MFP help, but then Irma came through and put a wrench in the dieting and living plans. After a stressful, and gaining back 20lbs, time to recover, back on the plan and motivated by all the others here sharing the same journey! I think finally at 61 I am back to beach living in Cocoa Beach, focused on a healthy lifestyle with MFP help, and very ready to be back on the path! I wish you and everyone here all the success! <3
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Hi! 👋

I’m 61, started in June and half way to my goal. Really enjoying the ride.
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    Old age is just.another.excuse.

I look at pictures from 50 years ago and the slackers that were slacking, just like they're doing today. The major difference is the decades of booze and food wearing them down. Bigly.

Me? I'm fine. Blood looks like a 20-something and body fat is +/- 8%.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,243 Member
    Hi all I'm 57 retired i have been on here for a few months doing ok, the increased exercises has helped my hip and back and logging in food has helped contol my eating by adding friends it has helped me be more accountable and motivated me to contine o have a stone to lose now.
    Remember we are all different and it takes time to see change, good luck everyone!
    Any of you can add me if you want😀