Apples

Options
aneajo
aneajo Posts: 287 Member
What is your favorite kind of apple?

I like a couple of dif kinds. fuji and gala. Had one today that wasn't so good. The peanut butter slid right off of it. lol

Replies

• genxrider
    genxrider Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My favorite is McIntosh, but living in Georgia I can only get them certain times of the year. Pink Lady is a good substitute for me.

I like mine with wafer-thin slices of super sharp Irish cheddar cheese.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have never tried an apple that I didn't like!

But Fuji's are my favorites.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    I love Braeburns and Honeycrisp!
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Red delicious!!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Lobo and Paula Red - they are just starting to come out now! Love apples at this time of year!!!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options

HONEYCRISP are the BEST!! Yummmm...I have some kind of apple every single day. Bliss.
  • allnamesgone
    allnamesgone Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's almost apple season. I can hardly eat them in the off season because they have no flavor. I'm not that big of an apple fan anyway but I can enjoy them a bit in the fall.

Anyway, last year I noticed one called "Amrbosia" at the grocery store. It was delicioso! They were only there for a few weeks in the late fall. Otherwise, I can deal with gala when they're in season. And sometimes a golden delicious. I prefer sweet over tart.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    pink lady and honeycrisp
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Pink lady apples are the best! They're sweet and crisp (I don't like mushy apples). I also like Granny Smith apples when I can't find pink ladies.
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Russets are my favorite. A lot of people don't like them because of their brown color but I grew up on an apple orchard and they've always been my favs. :)
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

HONEYCRISP are the BEST!! Yummmm...I have some kind of apple every single day. Bliss.

Honeycrisps!!! We just got the first pickings in our CSA bag last week - so exciting!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Pink Lady is the best!