No more dieting

Options
Hey hey, I’m 60 years old, yo-yo dieted for years....I’m done...last one was Medical Weightloss, a supper deprivation diet lost 12 lbs in 4 weeks, just was not sustainable, started eating normally, portions watched back up 6 lbs....No more dieting, need to get a handle on this eating normal but losing weight

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    risha55 wrote: »
    Hey hey, I’m 60 years old, yo-yo dieted for years....I’m done...last one was Medical Weightloss, a supper deprivation diet lost 12 lbs in 4 weeks, just was not sustainable, started eating normally, portions watched back up 6 lbs....No more dieting, need to get a handle on this eating normal but losing weight

That's what I am doing, it's slow but steady progress, I watch my portion size and record in my food diary and try to keep under, ivecalso increased my exercises slowly due to my hip and back problems.
  • Carryingwideload
    Carryingwideload Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm part of the yo-yo club also. Dr. recommended this site , so excited to meet new people with the same diet issues. Friend me if you like.
  • risha55
    risha55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning all ,trying to figure out why I do so well and then suddenly Derail or self sabotage and undo what I have been working on it is so frustrating
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    It's a roller coaster ride it out, learn from your mistakes and see if you can travel farther next time remember life is never plain sailing that's what makes it interesting. Good luck.