I am 35, and getting a knee replacement. Yikes!

Options
2»

Replies

• MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    She must have survived the operation at least. Her bio says she last logged in on October 10th 2019.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I hate when I get eaten by zombie threads. 😡

:D:D:D I have been eaten and digested several times myself.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update. I'm glad it went well and I hope you can get those ligaments fixed.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @Fit4LifeAR Did you originally have an accident with your knee? Just wondering and I'm glad you came back for an update. On a scale of 1-10, how much better does it feel than before the surgery. Asking for a friend. ;)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you made out well. I love my new knees. For months after surgery, though, I was terrified of falling. Face planted on concrete with both this year and no damage. I don't worry anymore. 😂
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @Fit4LifeAR Did you originally have an accident with your knee? Just wondering and I'm glad you came back for an update. On a scale of 1-10, how much better does it feel than before the surgery. Asking for a friend. ;)

I did not have an accident but they do think I had an injury/tear that led to acute osteoarthritis. I actually went to the doctor for several years with knee pain, and could not even get an MRI done. Sadly, I was a bit heavier set (not by much) and I was also an avid jogger, so the usual diagnosis was “lose 20 pounds and you will be fine”. I can’t tell you how frustrating that was to just be written off by multiple doctors because of my weight. By the time I final found one that took my pain seriously, the damage was too much to repair. It still makes me mad to think about!

On another note, I would give it a 7 just because I have chronic pain, although controllable.

• jrh_this_better_work
    Options
    Fit4LifeAR wrote: »

I did not have an accident but they do think I had an injury/tear that led to acute osteoarthritis. I actually went to the doctor for several years with knee pain, and could not even get an MRI done. Sadly, I was a bit heavier set (not by much) and I was also an avid jogger, so the usual diagnosis was “lose 20 pounds and you will be fine”. I can’t tell you how frustrating that was to just be written off by multiple doctors because of my weight. By the time I final found one that took my pain seriously, the damage was too much to repair. It still makes me mad to think about!

On another note, I would give it a 7 just because I have chronic pain, although controllable.

I hate this for you! I hate that the doctors would not take your pain seriously! So glad you were able to find a doctor who would finally help you work toward the actual underlying cause of your pain.